Lyme protocol medication-taking questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Dec 13, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I could use a little help with adjusting my medication and supplement schedule now that I'm starting some new meds, mostly for Lyme. In addition to the ongoing stuff I'm taking:

Today, just started a new to me T4/T3 at 1GR (compounding pharmacy). Previously I had taken T3 at 37.5 mcg. Isn't that a huge jump up?? OK, I take it first thing in a.m. 1 hour before breakfast. Must take on empty stomach.

I need to take probiotics, on empty stomach.

Started Lumbrokinase (Boluoke), take 1-30 minutes before breakfast, 1-30 min. before dinner (on empty stomach).

Artemisinin - 2- on empty stomach, 2x per day

Today just got the Zithromax (azithromycin).

I take Nystatin with my food and other supps 2x/day.

Here are some questions:

Can I take the thyroid med with the probiotics?
    Can I take the lumbrokinase 30 minutes later?
    Should I avoid taking the zithromax with the probiotics?
    Can I take zithromax with calcium supplements at same time?
    Can I take the artemisinin with food, it seems to upset my stomach otherwise?
    With the zithromax, should I start by cutting the tablets in quarters? They are 500 mg.

Thanks for your help, I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed.
    Hopeful4
  2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I take my T3 first thing in the morning then 30 minutes later take the bulk of my vitamins all at once. I'm not sure if that's the right way. That includes 2 magnesium.

1-2 hr. later I start taking my antibiotics thoughout the day. I cut my biaxin for the first few months. Too powerful. I'm up to full pills now. Also make sure I eat before.

I also take the doxy with the amandatine because I understand that both combined is an added punch.

The Fatigue enzyme drink and B cap I take around supper and soon will be adding Pro Boost, burbur and cumanda.

I take my calcium before bed along with progesterone, olive leaf and cat's claw.

I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right but so far so good.

4. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

never take probiotics around the same time as antibiotics... the antibiotics will just counteract the probiotics

I know I can't take my antibiotics with calcium (I'm on tetracycline), I'm not sure about zithromax
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Just curious --- how much Zith are you taking a day?
    I'm taking it with Ceftin and would rather not be taking Ceftin because its one of the abx that cause the lyme to go into cystic form.

Sandy
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Cindy:
    What a juggle, but sounds like it's working for you.

Justlikemom:
    So, if I can't take the probiotic near the time of the ABX, then I should take the ABX like at lunchtime?

karatelady52:
    My RX for zithromax is 500 mg. I'm supposed to take one per day, but I've been reading that many people start out much more slowly, like with 1/4, then build up. Looking for suggestions. Haven't started yet, they just arrived in mail yesterday.

If the Ceftin causes the bb to go into cyst form, what is the purpose of taking it? I'm a bit confused about how this works.

How are you feeling?

Wishing you all well, take care,
    Hopeful4
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I don't quite understand it either. I've learned this from lymenet and Bryan Rosner's book on Rife machines which I have. It a wonderful book on alternatives to beating lyme because many don't go into complete remission with abx alone. He explains why in his book.

My doc put me on 500 mg. Zithromax and 500 mg. Ceftin because she said Zith isn't strong enough by itself. But I've read of others who take only the Zith.

Because I want to do the Rife machine after abx, I would really like to stick with only Zithromax.

The meds were too strong for me at that strength so I did do 1/2 of each. You may be able to do the one 500 mg (maybe half at lunch and half at dinner). Just make sure you have a good meal with it.

I think its a very good abx for lyme disease. Cindycor told me if you take Vit C about an hour before the abx, it helps a lot and I've been doing that and it does work.

If you want to read more about the Rife machine which is fascinating, go to Lymenet dot org and do a search for Rife. My husband is an engineer so he and a friend are putting a system together for me.

Sandy