LYME QUESTION How Do I Read the Western Blot Test??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chootik, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi All.

I just got back my results for the Western Blot Test and here they are:

IGM Positive- I had 2 ++ bands and 2 IND bands and 4 + bands.

IGG Negatve- I had 4 IND bands and 1 ++ band.

So my question is WHAT DO THESE MEAN???

I'm kinda confused. The doc that tested me has no clue and I have an appointment with a Lyme Doc but that's in about 3 weeks.

So I was hoping one of you guys could help out.

Thanks so much, this is totally new to me... I didn't even think I had Lyme... now this! I've had CFS for 3 years and thought I'd test.

Thanks for your help.
    Chootik
  2. Chootik

Chootik New Member

3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

HI Guys.

If anyone has any idea about this...please respond!
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I can never keep it straight myself... not ignoring you, was hoping someone knowledgeable would answer. Did you try the Lyme board here? Others have asked the same questions... also you can go to ilads.org and see what info they have. You will probably be overwhelmed.

I can't believe your doctor has no clue, tho! -it seems that if it was done by Igenex s/he could call them and talk to them directly.

I do know that the more ++ indicate more antigens tho. And I know certain bands are more important than others, but don't remember the specific numbers.

Wish I could help more but ... well, that stuff it's hard for me to retain.

All the best,
    Victoria

5. CANSADO

CANSADO Member

Hi Chootik,

Go to wildcondor dot com, click on Lymelinks, then click on treatment guidelines 2005. Hope this helps.

Cansado
  6. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I will look into this some more. I also found some info on the net and will post it in a seperate post.

Well I guess now I know what got into me 3 years ago. And by the way, I got this from KISSING a guy! Not from a Tick bite or anything like that. So I def. believe LYME can be transmitted from alternative ways, not just a tick bite.