LYME question please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i have had CFS for over 15 years and have just started to improve a little under the care of dr. a. martin lerner. i am on antiviral therapy.

due to all the lyme cases cropping up on this board, i am wondering if i have really confirmed that i am negative for lyme as i have always assumed.

i had the Igenex testing done through my former doctor in NYC. the tests were:

Lyme Western Blot IgM
    Lyme Western Blot IgG
    Lyme Stricker Panel
    CD57 and CD8 subpanel

does anyone know if these tests are enough for lyme?

dr. lerner did lyme testing but i think it was through LabCorp.

all my lyme tests have been negative.

thank you!!

thank you!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

it seems like lyme can be provoked into coming out of hiding by taking abx like doxy about 3 weeks before testing. Not all docs agree with this, not sure if there's any research on it (I think it would be hard to conduct with people)....

but I have talked to several people over the years who got negatives until they did that, then they showed positive.

If you can get copies of your tests to review, it might be interesting. Some people have been tested a few different times, officially 'negative' by CDC tracking standards, yet if a composite of the results were put together, they'd shown up with all 5 bands. I find that really interesting, wondering how that fits with Lyme showing up in the blood itself.

Anyway, if you do have your records, you should go to IGeneX's site and read what the different bands mean. I believe it was 41 that is especially important, as are several others.

hope that helps.

All the best,

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks guys!

i have never felt better or worse on abx and have tried being on doxy for a while (maybe 2 months if i remember correctly).

i also had a PCR test for lyme at MDL...but i know PCR tests arent that accurate.

maybe i'll take another look at my lyme tests.

i am pretty sure i don't have lyme because my RNase L is at 74 now (with normal being <50) and this happened with antiviral therapy (it used to be almost 2000).

thanks again!
  4. jess

jess New Member

I'm really curious about this. WAs yours low or normal? Thanks, Jess