Lyme results back --- CDC positive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minimonkey, Mar 8, 2006.

1. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Hi, all --

Sorry I haven't been around much lately --

I started seeing a Lyme-doc last month, and was tentatively diagnosed clinically with Lyme -- just got my test results back yesterday, and I tested + on *8* bands of the IgM Western Blot. (I had a +++ on 23-25) So, I am now officially a government statistic.

I did 3 weeks of doxy last month, and had the herx of a lifetime! I thought I was going to die -- but I feel a lot better on the other end of it -- much better than before the abx.

Now have switched to bicillin shots.... (never thought I'd see the day I was sticking a big needle in my own tookus, but hey!) Will continue from here...

I'd welcome any *friendly* discussion re: this from my friends here.... I'm so relieved to finally know why I've been so sick all this time!
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

My IGM came back CDC positive too. I wonder how many of us have an actual CDC positive..
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

minimonkey:
    Thank goodness you got an accurate diagnosis. I know that many with Lyme test negative and get dumped in the medical waste can and suffer with it in semi-silence. It is good to know you are getting full treatment and not just the doxy.
    I have heard you really have to be agressive with treatment.
    Hang in there!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I insisted that my mom get tested as well, since she has been symptomatic since before I was born.... she came back CDC positive, too -- (+ on 7 bands, different than mine to some degree.)
  5. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Hey MM,

I am CDC positive as well. I often wonder about my mom but getting her tested, well, thats a whole topic in itself!!

Ive seen you on that other board, you can pm me over there if you ever want to chat, I am Kentucky girl on that board

I'm glad you got results back,
    Dani