Lyme test neg ?'s about Myofacial Pain how many here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

How many here have been dxd with Myofacial Pain. I have made several posts and prickles suggested Myofacial.

I did research and I fit the bill for that too. I have 100's of tiny knots from smaller than peas to larger.

I have a Dr appt tomorrow, any other things I should ask for in the way of tests. I do not know which lab and what test was used for the Lyme. It was drawn while I in the ER.

Is there a special test for babsia (sp?) I had MANY syptoms on that list too.

I just want to be how I was before this last flair. I was sick but was able to maintain my personal habits and take care of my home with pacing myself. Now just brushing my teeth or blow drying my hair KILLS my hands and arms.

Thanks for you support and advice.

Carla

2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Routine Lyme lab test miss roughly 50 to 60% of lyme. Don't settle for anything less then Igenex. They have the most sophisticated testing You can order the Igenex Western Blot test off the Igenex web site you will only need the IgG and IgM Western Blot.

I think the crew on the lyme site would like to see the exact results and what test you took.

jar
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I have myofascial pain and that was the worst of my symptoms in the beginning.

I'm also following Prickles around on all of the mps questions....

Ditto!! "What she said" If you actually have the mps knots, you'll have to work them out with pressure and massage.
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

You can request a copy of your lab report. This will provide you with the info about what test and by what lab.

I doubt very much that an ER would do the IGENEX Western Blot test. That is the one you need.

Keep in mind that even a negative Igenex does NOT rule out lyme disease. Lyme is a clinical diagnosis, that's why it's so important to be seen by a LLMD.

As for the Babesia, yes, there is a test for that. I believe that the same rule applies: use Igenex, see an LLMD, a negative test does NOT rule out Babesia.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

like tight muscle knots that you can massage. They are more like little hard nodules connected by thin strands of tissue. There can be as many as 15-20 in a 3 in cirlce.

They do not hurt to press on them, just feels like dozens of misquito bites, but they are under the skin. No red dots or bites. The arm looks normal, but you rubb the muscle there are these nodlues. Very bizarre.

Hoepully, the neuro Dr will have some input.

Thanks again, Carla
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Jarjar,
    Who has the money to pay for the lyme test by Igenex labs? I don't... Our insurance only covers tests done by Lab Corp.

Hugs,
    Faye