Lyme test positve?? Help

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by angrob75, Jun 5, 2008.

1. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

Hello,
    i am new to all of this but i really need answers and thought that someone here might be able to help!!
    i just received my tests from my family Dr, the test was done at Igenex. My family Dr, says he is not sure how to treat Lyme and is not fimilar with lyme but from looking at my test results i think i definelatly have Lyme. I have an appointment with a lyme Dr, in Pennsylvania on the 23rd but thought if i post my test results someone might be able to give me some info, here it goes:
    1:40 titer (indeterminate)
    genomic, negative
    plasmid, negative
    IGM western blot
    igenex igm results positve
    cdc results negative
    18 ++
    22 -
    23-25 -
    28 -
    30 +
    31 +
    34 ind
    39 ind
    41 ++
    45 -
    58 +
    66 +
    73 -
    89-93 ind

IGG western blot
    18-
    22-
    23/25-
    28-
    30-
    31-
    34 ind
    39-
    41+
    45-
    58+
    66-
    73-
    83/93-

please look over these and tell me what you think, i am going crazy waiting with the appointment on the 23rd
    Thanks

[This Message was Edited on 06/08/2008]
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

You have Lyme! The weak IGG just means you are not making cells to fight it and get it under control.

The good news is: you can get better!

Welcome to the Die Lyme Die club!!

Bunny
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

If you want a fuller in-depth explanation,
    read the post titled,
    'Chootiks post about HOW TO READ the WESTERN BLOT'

I am so glad you've got an app't with an LLMD to follow up, too!

all the best,
    Victoria

4. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE COMMENTS SO FAR....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN TELL IF YOU HAVE A CO-INFECTION FROM MY ABOVE TESTS RESULTS???
    THANKS AND ANY INFO WILL HELP
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

My son had specific tests run for all sorts of possible co-infections, showed nothing, but the reliability for those tests are less than 50%! I'm honestly not sure it's worthwhile to get tested for them unless you have good insurance that will pay or you have the money to do so.

However, after being treated for lyme for some months and certain symptoms stayed, like sweat, brain fog, to name 2, while other things were getting better, like joint/muscle pain, it become apparent my son had babesia (& he herxed with Mepron), and also bartonella when he had a response to the abx that usually works on it...

This is where a good LLMD is invaluable as s/he can 'tease' out what you have from what symptoms remain, your reactions, etc.

Hope that helps,
    Victoria

6. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

Victoria,
    thanks for the info, did your son have his tests done through Igenex? or does it matter and are all co-infection tests not very realiable?
    I have so many questions running through my head, it is going to make me crazy waiting for my appointment!!!