Lyme test question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MandaJ, Feb 17, 2009.

1. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

I keep seeing many posts about the Igenex Lyme test and I'm really curious about it. Does it differ from other tests? Do I have to see my doctor to get it done? Is it expensive?

I'm nearing the end of my rope with the pain, the fatigue and the depression it brings. I'm having a hard time juggling work, school and a social life at this point. I usually work 4 10-hour shifts each week, but I'm only managing about 2/3 of that now. And I've slipped from a 4.0 student to a huge slacker because I can't sleep, I can't focus, I'm in constant pain and I day dream about giving it all up and dying.

I love to be outside and I live in Colorado and spend most of my summers in Nebraska working on the family farm, so I am around ticks all the time, but never thought that Lyme might be my problem ...

Now I'm beginning to wonder.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There is a Lyme board here where you can post this question and get more responses. The two boards are now separate.

Hope you find the infromation you need.

[This Message was Edited on 02/17/2009]
  3. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

After reading the link you posted and seeing they Biaxin to treat Lyme, I am feeling like this might be it.

I'm allergic to some antibiotics and after 5 failed attempts to treat a sinus infection I had for 3 months, my doctor put me on 1,000 mg of Biaxin twice a day and I felt amazing.

Once the 14 days was up and I came off the Biaxin, I crashed and crashed hard. This latest round of flares started about 2 days following that.

Another silly question, though ... What is a LLMD?

You guys are angels for putting up with my stupid questions. I really appreciate your patience.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

This is supposed to be for support after all....

There are also lots of helpful posts on the lyme board to help further educate yourself.

It's amazing how many who were dx'd with CFIDS/ME or Fibro have turned out to have one of the stealth pathogens such as Lyme, Mycoplasma, Bartonella, Babesia - to name only a few. Even tho IGenex is the best, they still are not anywhere near 100% reliable, so it's really a clinical diagnosis.

That is why it will be worth your while to start with what is called an LLMD/Lyme Literate MD, which is a doctor who specializes in treating these diseases; s/he will look at all the possibilites, not just lyme, as it's rare to have only one 'bug' and you can have a combination of others without lyme even.

There is also a LOT of good research and info about these diseases and others in the research library here - just click on the "Research, News, and Notes' button up above and do a search on these diseases. They are far more prevalent than realized.

Hope that helps!

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 02/17/2009]