Lyme testing - any prep needed?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by pepper, Nov 1, 2008.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I am wondering if there is anything that I should do before the Igenex testing. I have been sick for 16 yrs with CFS and given a clinical dx of Lyme Disease a couple of months ago.

Because I have been sick for so long, I understand that there is a good chance that the tests will be negative. Is there anything that I can do to encourage a positive result if I do indeed have Lyme and coinfections?

I understand that I shouldn't take antibiotics. I was on IV ABX (including Flagyl) for a week this past summer. Does that matter?

If there is anything else I should or should not do, I would sure appreciate knowing.

Thanks a lot.
    Pepper
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Take a look at the Igenex.com website. On the left hand side, you will see many of the an-
    swers to your questions. There should be a phone number there for their Lab in Palo Alto.
    They will gladly answer any remaining questions you may have concerning the test. I know
    that you will need the "signature" of your Doc for the test to be taken.

The Boards are often times "slow" on weekends. Sorry you had to wait for this reply but I
    do hope it will be helpful!

Huggles,
    MRDAD
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I never thought of Igenex having a web site. I will check that out. Thanks so much.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I found the Igenex number in my file. It is (800) 832-3232.

795 San Antonio Rd.
    Palo Alto, Ca. 94303

They are really very nice and helpful there. Please take care!

Huggles,
    MrDad
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

The web site for Igenex is terrific. That really organized a lot of my confusion.

Thanks so much for that and the phone number. I will be calling when I know what to ask for.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  6. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

It is believed to be helpful to get a massage a day or 2 before getting your blood drawn. The spirochetes can be hiding in muscle and joint tissues.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I will definitely do that! It makes sense to massage the little critters out.

Thanks so much!
    (((HUGS)))Pepper