Lyme tests and EBV

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by bct, Oct 15, 2006.

1. bct

bct Active Member

I just got my blood sent to IGenex for Igg & Igm test. I have always had high EBV titers since 1994.

I read on a post on the CFS board that the EBV might compromise the lyme tests validity and am concerned about this. Should I be?

Thanks,
    Barry
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Not an expert here but I have heard this brought up before at lymenet. If you have everything come back negative I would call Igenex and ask the question.

I will be really surprised if you don't come back with a couple of bands positive.

Why don't you post your results of your test when you get them back.
  3. bct

bct Active Member

I am waiting for test results, and will try to research more on the EBV thing and talk to Igenex people if necessary.

Have just found two more people in my watershed that have chronic lyme. And so it goes...

I don't mind telling you that this is really getting me down, as I hardly have the energy to walk out the door, and I have heard so many conflicting hypothoses re. lyme, CFS, EBV, etc.

So, at 61, I am just taking "baby" steps, one at a time.

Regards,
    Barry
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I know the feeling, I will say that before being diagnosed with lyme I was on the Marshall Protocol for cfs.

There are many people with lyme/cfs/fm on the protocol.
    When I went to a great out of state lyme doc and found out I had lyme, I took a break from the Mp and tried his protocol.

I went steadily down hill from where the Mp had taken me. I didn't realize how well I was doing till I was off of it for a few months.

So know I'm back on the MP and taking fewer naps and less pain in my feet. You need to plan on about 2 years for recovery but if you search out their site you will find many people regaining their health from the protocol.

Regards

Jay
  5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Yes EBV and RA factors can cross react with the Igenex test. They say so on there site. That being said I would think it's still a small percentage