Lymes- FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Nov 16, 2005.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Just wanted to report that I'm tolerating the antibiotics much better in treating lymes and other infections. Ya

I'm on the doxy, biaxin, just added flagl and today started antiviral amantadine.

I went to pick up my script today and the clerk who has seen me from the beginning July/05 said I look so much better. Not as peaked and drawn-out.

My head and vision is really starting to improve. Brain feels clearer and I can focus, the blurriness is leaving.

I really think once I started taking the full biaxin (500 mg) things started to change.

I'm also still on the hormones, dyflucan, sleep med, immune boosters, vitamins etc.

This is so encouraging considering I've had a rough time with herxing. I started slow and worked up with the antibiotics.

My next phone consult is next week. Going to discuss my cortisol testing.

It's a slow and winding road but I'm determined to see my way through.

P.S. Even went to the Mall today and bought myself a leather jacket!! and I wasn't dizzy or nauseated browsing.

Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2005]
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

best wishes to you in your healing journey. thanks for the informative post--helps the rest of us. Jen102
  3. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

This is exciting news! It makes me want to hurry up and ramp up my antibiotics to full strength.

So the Flagyl isn't causing any big herxes? Maybe because your load is way down --- yeah!

I'm soooooo happy for you. Keep up the good work friend!

Sandy
  4. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Sandy:

No herxing so far on the flagl and took my first amantadine anti-viral this afternoon 100 mg.

Wow! Maybe there's no toxins or bugs left!! Wishful thinking. I've been taking the 2 drops of oil of oregano and added more Vit C and 1/2 tsp sea salt per day. No herxing from that either.

I can't believe it's the same body compared to 4 weeks ago. Hope I don't jinx myself!! ha

Sandy: It won't be long and you'll be upping your dose. No rush. Remember we have to still function and not be hanging on for dear life from the die-offs.

5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Boy, that oil of oregano is some nasty stuff! My husband and I are both taking 2 drops. Its so bad it must be working. LOL

I'm not taking any Vit C so I need to start. That means I'll be taking 2,000 pills a day (well, it seems like it).

Sandy

6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Cindy,
    The sun is shining through for you now! I'm so happy for you and your progress, you've worked so hard for it. The improvements you are experiencing give us all great hope and encouragement!

I'll be joining the rest of you soon in treating Lyme (waiting for insurance approval on RX). I've learned a lot from everyone's posts on LD.

Wishing you the best,
    Hopeful4

7. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I hear ya on that front 2,000 pills per day!! I have a whole cart on wheels just for all my drugs! Yikes. When we moved a few weeks ago I made sure I could see my cart in the moving truck! It's like all my worldly possession are in that cart.

About the Vit C, I've been taking 2 tab.- 3 times spread out over the day. Just started. Suppose to be good for the immune and detoxing.

My husband is also taking the drops of oil of oregano and a 1 tsp sea salt water drink at night before bed. That oil does burn, I take a big swig of water after.

Cindy
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Cindy I am so happy for you! If you'll remember I also turned the corner when my antibiotic herx ended. I am really praying that this is it for you! Try to remember if you are feeling really good to pace yourself! It is really hard to hold back!

Bet you look terrific in your new jacket! Take Care Lynn