LymeTreatment Options

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Mar 25, 2007.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to let all know who have Lyme on this board that I have now heard of two alternative treatments for Lyme. One, is a homeopathic remedy which I do not know which one but will find out. The second is posted on Dr. Enlander's site. www.enlander.com. Just thought everyone should know that if they do not tolerate antibiotics or want to try something else first that there may be options out there. Wish I could tell you more, but will certainly pass on any further info.
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you.. I am very interested. I looked at enlanders site and see CFS and FM info, but not Lyme. How do I get to the Lyme part to see what you are describing?

Thank you.. I am very interested in getting help for my Lyme.

Hugs
    Kim
  3. wrthster

wrthster New Member

I have no idea, four days ago it was on his web site, and now it is gone. Makes no sense, I would call his office.
  4. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Thanks Writh,
    Dr. enlander has made significant contributions to our field, so should have some good advice.

Also wish to say, when I first started ABX Tx for Lyme, I herxed so terribly for awhile that Doc reduced my dosage, then gradually built up again as I could tolerate it.

Some of us are so sensitive to Rx, that we need to start low then build. Dosage needs to start and be titrated according to patient reaction, not necessarily the standard recommended dosage.

It's always good, though, to have alternative treatments to anything just in case the standard treatment is just not working for you.
    Best Wishes, Brenda