Lymie finalist in contest, needs your help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by valbeth, Aug 27, 2007.

1. valbeth

valbeth New Member

Dear fellow sufferers:
    About a month ago I was cruising Lowe's Home Center website looking at clothes dryers when I saw this contest they were having. It was called "Find Your Inspiration" and you had to take a photo, create a color from it, and tell why it inspired you. So I took one of my photos from Argentina from a trip my wonderful brother took me on several years ago when I was feeling well, created the color "Lago Argentino" and forgot about it.

This past week I got a call that I am one of 25 national finalists out of about 1200 entrants. I couldn't believe it! I've never won anything in my life! I have already won a $100 gift card, but if by some miracle I win the whole thing I would get a room remodel done worth about $25,000. Nope, I can't even conceive of it...

The winner will be determined by online voting from today until Labor Day, one vote per person per day. You do have to register, but I can tell you if you don't select to get their emails they really don't send them. They do send you coupons worth $10 or $20 a couple times a year through the mail.

Anyway, if you would vote for me, and maybe encourage anyone you know on a list or something to vote I would really, really appreciate it. It would be lovely to bring my kitchen from 1906 to 2007. And for those of you who don't know me personally, I am disabled and on a very limited income, so this really is a chance in a millon, which I know a lot of you can relate to!

To vote go to: http://www.lowesfindinspiration.com/finalists.asp?finalistID=14 It's labeled "Lago Argentino, Valerie, Jim Thorpe, PA These blues from my trip to Patagonia are inspiring my bathroom remodel."

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK! I know this is a pain in the butt, but I really appreciate it! And may my current good luck karma pass on to all of you.

Valerie
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

That is so cool you made it to the finalists- and so is the photo - and so are the blues in that photo, truly! It wasn't hard to vote for your picture at all.

I hope you win!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. valbeth

valbeth New Member

Boy, it would be a miracle if I won! But I have at least gotten a $100 gift card, so that's more than I've ever won before!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nic pic, but I thought your color would be lyme green.

Anyway I visited the site. Couldn't vote cause I couldn't find anyplace to register. Visited the home page, rules, etc.

Got any tips?

Rock
  5. valbeth

valbeth New Member

Hey Rock, thanks for voting! Once you click on "Vote for this Photo" it takes you to a page that says "Cast your vote." Right next to that is a link that says "Not registered yet?" that will bring you to the registration page. Hope this makes sense/helps. Let me know if it doesn't ! Thanks! Val
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2007]
  6. rockgor

I got it. I'm all registered.

You know these electronic gadgets are kinda confusing if you didn't grow up w/ them. When I was born we didn't have ball point pens.

Rock
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

LOL Rock...

yeah, all there were back then -- crummy cartridge pens that ALWAYS leaked............. and all too easy to smear your paper for school... or spill any drop of liquid on it - blotto!

Altho I admit I'm kind of tired of constant new electronic 'learning experiences' myself, LOL... got a new phone last week, still haven't taken the time to program it as it's not very intuitive-friendly (at least for me!).

Victoria

8. rockgor

Ok, I voted again and it worked. Yeah!

Yes, Victoria, this stuff gets out of hand in a hurry. I think my last office phone had 47 buttons on it.

The best part was after it was installed, a really perky young gal came in to show us how it worked. She passed out an instruction book, told us it was out of date, and advised we would be getting a new booklet soon.

Two years later I was still waiting.

Did you read about the recent computer glitch at Los Angeles Airport? 20,000 passengers delayed. Some had to wait 5 hours on their plane.

I wouldn't voluntarily wait 5 hours to see Elvis waltz w/ Madonna.

I think if I take any more trips they will be by car.

Rock
  9. valbeth

valbeth New Member

I was out all day yesterday to see my LLMD's (yep, I have TWO) and came home to this wonderful response. What a wonderful supportive community! If I don't win it's certainly not because of you guys. Thanks SO much.

xoxo
    Val
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2007]
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

It's not hard to vote at all, at least once you're registered.

Molly, I also try to get my son to do as much as possible, but, I can't always count on him to be around LOL when I need changes.

Rock - yes, I know what you mean about airports... altho I usually have good luck when flying (knock on wood!).

My DH has just left this AM to visit his old coach in LA (he's 91, just had a stroke but is conscious) and decided to DRIVE cross-country (from east of Atlanta because he hates airports too - even tho it would've been cheaper to fly!). He has had many many late flights...

but if he were ever imprisoned 5 hours on a grounded airplane, I fear that in the end, he'd be arrested... so I think I'm happy he's driving.

11. valbeth

valbeth New Member

Hey Rock, finally had a chance to really read the emails. Thought you would appreciate that I once had a job for a company that installed business phone systems (I was their Customer Service person) and part of my job was REWRITING the manuals that came from the phone manufactures so they actually were somewhat comprehensible!

Muchas gracias, merci beaucoup, muito obrigado, vielen dank...to everyone again!
    Val