Lymies... what are your thoughts on colon cleansing b/4

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

treatment or during??? I feel I need this desperately... I wonder if it interferes with absorbtion of your vitamins or something...

Not to be graphic but, it has been 6 days now... I always have this issue but there is no end in sight... I need to try something serious I think...

Any thoughts or advice?
    Hugs
    Kim
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm sorry, I don't remember if/what you were taking... but it's always a possibility. I'm assuming you're taking abx --- you might want to dose yourself with probiotics in between doses of abx. It can help keep things in balance. Not sure if it'd target the constipationspecifically, but overall will help your body anyway.

I've never done a colon cleanse, but have known people who swore by them... some healthy, some not, didn't seem to matter.

I have done the wholeapproach method, you can google 'whole approach candida' of using bentonite and psyllium ground seeds with husks; it was really for candida, but certainly made me go everyday and felt like it was cleaning me out.

There's also a thread on the CF/FM board about constipation, and there are a lot of other suggestions there besides the traditional prunes or prune juice.

6 days is just too long! -hope you don't let it keep on going any longer than necessary, as it's obviously not good for your body... hope one of those suggestions helps!

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks Victoria..
    I am sure it is the pain meds.... not good for that sort of thing.
    Thank you!! I will look into the info you told me about.
    Hugs!!
    Kim
  4. grace54

grace54 New Member

I just met a gal on line and she swears by the cleanse, got rid of her IBS.

So many meds mess with my system. I take a pro-biotic and it works great especially with the ABX's. I use a soil based organism product by Swanson, affordable too plus as much water as I can tolerate which isnt near as much as some recommend. Blessings:)
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you Grace! So you know what product she used that works? I want to do it at home if possible.

Hugs
    Kim
  6. grace54

grace54 New Member

I will find out if she contacts me again.She said she went through a very stressful divorce after 21 years and it affected her health substantially. I know excess stress makes me physically sick also. I hope you start getting better, with so much to deal with it must be tough. Blessings
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

no worries! I will find a good one.
    Thanks for your help and well wishes.. I really want to throw in the towel... but cannot, for my family..

Take Care Too!
    Hugs
    Kim