lymph Massage who knows how this works??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Oct 1, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Does anyone know how this works ? I have heard it would be good for me. I am not sure what or how they do this and what it is surpose to do. Anyone done this with any results?
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

3. jake123

jake123 New Member

I had a massage therapist who was trained in this. I had therapy twice a week for a month then went every week for two years. You have to have someone you trust because you have lymph nodes in your breasts and those are pressed also. But it is pressing and moving, pressing and moving all the way down to your legs.
    I quit going after I had my neck surgery. One reason is that the therapist moved to a different location about 45 minutes away - too much driving for me.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Jake123 described lymph massage very well. Your lymph nodes are all gently massaged, hopefully releasing the lymph fluid that is accumulated in them. If you can find someone who does the Dr. Vodder method, that is supposed to be the best method of lymph drainage.

I was told by a massage therapist who does the Dr. Vodder method that my lymph system is so "clogged" that I would have to go every single day for months before it would be cleared. She suggested I not start because of the energy required and of course the cost.

I would hope that your lymph system is not as clogged as mine.

However, I did buy a rebounder and that seems to be working well at cleaning out my lymph system. Doing it every hour I am awake for up to 5 min. really worked well. However, I crashed (too many toxins running through my body maybe) so I had to cut down to twice a day for 2 min.

2 min. of rebounding flushes out your entire lymph system.

Pepper
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thank you for the information . I'm always excited about the knowledge I gain here on this board.
    I'm not sure about the re bounder I am very large busted and it hurts even with a really good brs.I also have hotheadedness but I might try it again when I feel a little better.
    Thanks again
  6. srollins

srollins New Member

calliope massage? i have gone twice for that and going again this week.

this includes the stone therapy, herbal packs and all. i have just enjoyed it at the time and it is very reasonable price wise so i just have treated myself, don't know if it really is removing toxins or not.

i think i will google "calliope" and see.

i have a rebounder, i really should get on that thing!

shirley
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I've been thinking about the stones I might try that to.
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

I am very large busted too but the health bounce is so gentle "the girls" don't really get much of a bounce. I have a good rebounder (Needak, good support) and you bounce so gently that your feet should never leave the mat. It is actually hard to believe that it does anything - but I know from experience that it does.

Pepper