Lymph Node Surgery/questions... swelling back..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Just had it surgically removed 2 weeks ago and now while I am flaring... that same swelling is back! Does that mean they did not get all of it or something? I am so confused. It was actually going down quite a bit... now it feels like nothing was ever done.

Maybe another immune response???

Maddening!
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2007]
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

anyone had lymph node surgery???
  3. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

I had lymph node surgery on the side of my neck, couple of months later the lump was back.
    It has been since 1996 and the doctors do not want to remove it again because they said it was benign the first time.
    I notice when I get the flu or a cold it gets larger. They really have not told me excatly why it got large in the first place. I was releived that it was not cancer.
    Once they found out it was benign they didn't seem so concerned. Well, I still worry about it...I don't like this big lump sticking out of the side of my neck. I have this scar that reminds me everyday...not to mention the lump.
    The scar keloid and I had to have it removed and it came right back. Now everytime I go to a doctor or Hospital they think I have had angioplasty and I have a heart condition.
    What did your doctor tell you about yours? Where was your lymph node?
    I am still confused after all these years.

lillyrose