Lymph Node Surgery Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Well my lymph node is out & since I just had surgery a few weeks ago (with a 6" incision in my stomach) I thought this would be a walk in the park... boy, was I wrong.

I feel like someone is beating me in the side of the head with a hammer and bees are stinging me at the same time. Hubby told me it was puffier today... so I am watching it for darn infection. Doc said to call back if the pain stays at this level.

Anyway, the IV nurse saw that I had Fibro in my chart... she asked if I had it and I said YES, I thought she was gonna roll her eyes, but SURPRISINGLY.. she said she had it too. I told her about this site. She had a heck of a time getting my IV in and almost forgot to give mne the IV antibiotics that I needed in my IV. Luckily I reminded her and she was happy I did.

I felt bad when she had to wheel me out to hubbys truck after the surgery. I was thinking how exhausted she had to be and in pain I'm sure.

Anyway, this is the 2nd nurse (and 1 doctor) I have met in the past 6 mos that said they had it too. More and more ppl. I run in to have it.

Hope all is well with you all... I am just lounging around hoping this pain will go away soon. Much worse than I expected.

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A little prayer for you and hoping your pain subsides and you recover fast. Take good care of yourself.

Love, Mikie
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Mikie...
    Thank you! Must be working :) Feeling a little bit better today.

Your a sweetie!
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That sounds like quite the ordeal.
    I hope you're recovering well and feeling even better this evening.
  5. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I hope you feel better ASAP. Laura
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks Kholmes & Laura too. I am getting better day by day. I can certainly feel when I have pushed it too much.... gee... sounds like living with FM :)

Thank you all for the support.
    Big Hugs
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i did, scar from navel to sternum.

well i got to get off this thing.

i just had tennis elbow surgery read about it ont the porchlight.

8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Jodie...the surgery before this one was for my nerves that were cut. Had nerve problems that were cut during a previous surgery where I got a staph infection. They put tissue over the nerves to pad them, hoping that they would calm down.

Then the one last week was for a hard lymph node. Getting better though. Nat had my spleen removed yet - OUCH - sounds like a big incision too!

Georgiac - more and more ppl. with it. It's a shame, but I guess people are more aware than they used to be about this darn disease. Take Care!

Hugs to you all.
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sorry to hear all this./ Please take care and watch for infection. The nodes are tricky.

Love Annie Cromwell