lymph nodes and sore throat CFS ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quilp, Dec 22, 2006.

1. quilp

quilp New Member

Am I right in saying that all those with CFS have these two symptoms ? I have been told I have CFS but in truth I have never had swollen lymph nodes.
    Regards, Mark
  2. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

Not everyone has both mark. Also it might come on later, no one can say. They are just listed as symptoms as they have been some of the most general and common symptoms found in studies of people with cfs. Early on I didn't have the lymphnode pain. Now I do and it comes and goes. I had bloodwork done during the times and when they bothering me and negative. Everything was Negative. Also whenever I had a sore throat I had myself tested for everything, negative. No mono, no strep, no nothing.........hahaha. No nothing but if you don't have some of these symptoms be thankful that you don't. What about your joints? do you get achey joints or a painful groin? Superpubic pain?

Oh, Mark, sometimes my nodes are not swollen, actually they don't get very swollen at all to tell you the truth they just get sore. I had them checked and the doc has said to me that the swelling isn't any more severe than when someone gets the flu or a cold and sometimes he's told me that he can't feel anything at all but I can feel that they are sore. I Think, and this is just my opinion, the tender points in fibro are related to the lymphnodes. Take a look at the chart for tender points in fibro or normal tender points that people get. These tender points are right around major lymphnode areas. I believe this is why some people have cfs and fibro together and others just have cfs. Does that make sense to you?

o.k. I'm out.
  3. quilp

quilp New Member

Thanks for the reply

No Joint pains, my groin is never painful. I think this demonstrates just how important it is to have a definitive test for CFS and or fibro. I have recently had a blood test done; white bood cell count fine, no evidence of imflammation and yet at the moment I feel like lethargic, no energy, no libido, weak pulse, shivery at times, no 'get up and go'. I have all the other symptoms of CFS and yet some of the symptoms mentioned on here, I have never experienced.

Kind regards, Mark
  4. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

I don't seem to quailfy for fm but have cfs. I have very full and sore lymph's. I go to a massage therapist who does lymphatic drainage and that does help. All my bloodwork comes back absolutely normal. I do not have a sore throat but, feel like I've been hit by a truck. No headache but, just want to close my eyes. When I do feel okay, not good but, okay everyone tells me how awful I look and then I crash later. I'm not sure any cfs or fm symptoms are the same for anyone. I'm very new to all this and so thankful for this website and am going to read every post possible to help thru. Good luck I'll let you know if anything I do helps and if you could do the same.
  5. jlcrafter

jlcrafter New Member

I never knew that wasn't 'normal' until I started asking some of my friends. I have had them on and off my entire life. Another reason I'm self-diagnosing cfs, until I can find a dr that will either agree, or point to some other definitive disease. But I also know that some of my friends with cfs don't have these symptoms, so...

jl
  6. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

This is the weird thing Mark, non of my blood test have ever indicated any type of inflammation either. It just feels that way sometimes. Areas feel sore. I think this is more indicative of fibro. From what you are discribing you don't have fibro. It seems you don't have the points and like I said the points seem to run along lymphnode lines. So the definition for cfs is a bit of a misnomer in that a lot of people diagnosed with cfs have both cfs and fibro but the docs didn't catch it. I believe that's why in the definition for cfs you have all these other symptoms that belong to fibro. Does that make sense? hmmmm...........anyway I'm not sure if you have cfs or not but it doesn't seem like you have fibro and that's a good thing my friend. Maybe one day someone will sort us all out.
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I never have a sore throat, but if I feel along the sides of my neck, just below my jawbone, I find a pair of swollen, slightly tender areas that I assume are lymph nodes. While I don’t check for them often, I think they are always there.

I also get itching or burning, but no swelling, in my armpits and ‘legpits’ that my physician says is lymph related. This comes and goes and can be gone for quite long periods of time.