lymph nodes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jetmek, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jetmek

jetmek New Member

Anyone have problems with swelling mine sometimes stick out like golfballs on my neck and under my arms the Dr said this is par for the course they already tried to scare me with hodgkins and thyroids but they came back negative
  2. jetmek

jetmek New Member

Anyone have problems with swelling mine sometimes stick out like golfballs on my neck and under my arms the Dr said this is par for the course they already tried to scare me with hodgkins and thyroids but they came back negative
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I have alot of trouble with lymph nodes in my neck, & was rather amused to read on another cfs site tonight, that if they are tender, that a diagnosis of something else should be considered.
    Um..... Well I thought that painful lymph nodes were all a part of this dd?

Lease
  4. lilwren

lilwren New Member

dear jet,

I have had swollen lymph nodes since 1995! I have been to several surgeons to get a biopsy and they all tell me 'our lymph nodes are our friends - they are just doing their job'. BUT for that many years non-stop?! I have an
    ongoing battle with several viruses and I guess my immune system never shuts off. I am sorry I cannot give you any helpful advice - I know exactly how you feel though. I feel your pain everyday. One thing that has started to help me is changing my diet (no junk), eating regularly, and taking probiotics. Mikie's discussions on the Symdrome X diet looks really good!

I have tried every pain med there is and nothing works. The only thing for me that takes the edge off is xanax.

IMHO once ones body gets to the point where viruses are running rampant it is a long haul back to normal.

This DD is very complex and unfortunately everyone has different problems at different times. I know it sucks, and it isn't easy, but you should try to read everything you can about this disease and nutrition.

I hope your pain isn't too bad. If you ever find something that works I'd like to hear about it! Don't give up hope!

Sharon L
  5. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I have problems constantly with my lymph nodes swelling all over my body . . . throat (including tonsils), under arms, breasts, front of stomach, groin area, etc. I especially have problems with the ones in my throat swelling and it affects my breathing. This happens when I eat or come in contact with something that my immune system doesn't like and it happens IMMEDIATELY and lasts for hours. I can't lay down when it happens because I can't breath. Does this happen to anyone else? As far as pain medication, I have bad reactions anytime I take ANY drug . . . hypersensitive to everything . . . drugs, foods, cleaners, hair dye . . . don't get highlights anymore (for a long time), all cleaners are thrown out of my home and I use baking soda & vinegar, drugs I try to avoid if at all possible and more and more foods keep causing me problems which is really scary!
  6. lilwren

lilwren New Member

but the woman was too rough I guess because the next day I felt like I was going to die! I am still looking for a therapist who has experience with it. The Kessler Institute is supposed to have a 'program' for lymphatic stagnation (dealing mostly with breast cancer surgery I think) - but when I called them for an appointment they told me there really wasn't anybody in Central Florida that did that program. It's a shame because their web site makes it sound so wonderful. Maybe they have someone in your state Jet - I use Ixquick and search for Kessler Institute.

I do use a vibrating massager and it helps a little I guess, but it's difficult to do it for any length of time because my hands and arms hurt and get cramps - it does seem to help while I'm doing it. Still, doesn't seem to help in the long term.

Also tried accupuncture and it only helps the day I do it.

I am going to try the dry brush and see if that helps. Thanks for the info.

Hope everyones day is relatively pain free.

Sharon L
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I responded to another post about this with Dr. Cheney's advice.

Love, Mikie