Lymphatic Massage

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Has anyone ever had this done?

If so, how was it?

Does it seem likely to have any positive effect with regard to herxing from antivirals?

Thanks!

Best, Lisa

2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Hi Lisap, I find this extremely beneficial. It is quite painful, more so if your lymphatic system is very blocked.
    It especially helps with my muscle spasms.

I don't know if it will help with herxing from av's, but I would definitely give it a try. It should, as it is detoxing and should help your body get rid of the toxins faster.
    In my opinion, worth a try!

Phoebe
  3. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Lisa
    I had this done before I had FM /CFS & it really woke my system up but I remember it hurting even then! They have to go deep into the system to release toxins.

A gentler way and just as effective, I belive, would be reflexology where the therapist could concentrate on your lymph system. They also detect where build up of toxins are.
    I've had this done whilst having FM & it really hurt me to start with (it's not supposed to!) but you are so relaxed afterwards.

Best wishes

4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

by a rolfer. It was cool. He did light touch rolfing, which actually released a lot of the fibro knots I had for years, and did the lymph drain, and the toxin release was "visible" the next day. I felt great! It was $135 each session, which is a little pricey for me, so I stopped, but I would reccommend it for others.

P.S. It was not particularly painful- he was mindful of my pain tolerance. He massaged and pressed on my lymph nodes in various areas. Mainly by the groin. [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2007]
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You don' t necessarily have to go and pay a fortune and undergo a painful massage to achieve lymph drainage.

I've tried an easy hydrotherapy method which you do in your shower. You use very hot water for about 2 mins and then suddenly change the water temp to as cold as tolerated for the next min. Do this back and forth a few times (if you get thru it heh). It really packs a wallop and brings on as strong a herx as you'd get from an antifungal/viral whatever. I've come out dizzy w/ a big headache and feeling just like I'm herxing.

It's good to follow it up something rejuvenating, like vit. C and a cup of herbal tea, like dandelion/catnip (my favourite gentle detox tea combo).

Jeanne
  6. what actually is lymphatic massage? That is interesting, my friend who lives in Europe just sent me an email this morning and said she is having this done. Interesting, I will ask her how/if it helps.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member