Lynchburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blessed3, Oct 22, 2005.

1. blessed3

blessed3 New Member

I,m from Lynchburg, Va.Which is about one hour from Roanoke.I've only been here for 3yrs.We were living in Danville Va. but he was transferred to Lynchburg.All of my family now lives out of town I really didn't want to move.I guess you do what you have to sometimes
    Blessed
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi, I am from Galax, VA my grandson goes to school in Lynchburg, Liberty University. I have been to Danville many times on my way to Richmond..
    Now I can't travel or afraid to travel and want so bad to go to Lynchburg to visit my grandson..

Sorry you are away from your family..Have you met many people in Lynchburg? I know its not like family..I have CFIDS and mild fibro, anxiety/depression so don't get out much and socialize and feel I have no friends. I have a small family, my daughter and som lives here and I have one daughter in Fl..

I do plan some way to get to Lynchburg to visit my grandson.

Take care and hope things will improve for you..By the way,any good doctors there?

greatgran
  3. Swell123

Swell123 New Member

I live in Lynchburg, VA. I just move here about 2 months ago. My spouse got a job up here. I understand about not having family up here. My family is spread out too. I have family in NC, Georgia, NY, and California. I have some family in VA but they are in the military. I have two small children so it is a little rough on me. I guess I do the best I can. I was recently diagnosed with Fibro about 9 months ago. After spending about 3 years going to doctor to doctor trying to figure out what was wrong. I hope everything goes well with you.
  4. blessed3

blessed3 New Member

Thats really neet knowing someone from right here in Lynchburg.What part of Lynchburg do you live in.I don't know alot about this town, but I do know a little. I live off Wards RD going toward Danville.I'm about 10mins from Walmart.I'm 52yrs. old so my kids are grown.It would be neet to get together sometime.
    blessed3
    PAT
  5. blessed3

blessed3 New Member

I was suprized that a couple of people knew where Lynchburg was!!! Liberty University is a wonderful school.I,m so sorry its hard for you to beable to get to Lynchburg. I completly understand.I hate to drive places I don't knoe.And when you are depressed that makes it even harder.Best of luck to you.
    blessed3
    PAT
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I was born there and lived there again for a few years after high school. I love the mountains and wish I could move there but we both have jobs here in Richmond.

It is a great city, I think. I hope you get settled in and enjoy it. Believe it or not there used to be nothing after the mall on Wards Rd! It has really grown up there.

My aunt and uncle live outside of town going towards Appomatox.

Sonya
  7. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I went to college in Harrisonburg, VA at James Madison University, so most of my friends are from VA. I am currently living in Arlington, but go down to Roanoke and Richmond often to visit friends.

I have no blood-related family anywhere near Virginia...it's just me :). I like to think of my friends here as my new family, but it can definitely be tough being ill without my actual relatives at times.
  8. Swell123

Swell123 New Member

I know. It is a small world. I live off of McConville road. I am still trying to get use to it. I am finding my way around. Alot of times I stay at home until my kids get out of school. Have you find a good doctor here?
  9. blessed3

blessed3 New Member

I don't reconize the name of your road.But like you I don't get out very often unless its going to church or going to the doc.Its ashamed how we really don't care to get out.I'll ask my husband if he knows what area that is in. You know how spread out Lynchburg is.I live at the lower end of Wards Rd going toward Rustburg.Well i'll talk to you later.
    blessed3 (Pat)