Lyrica and Cymbalta together?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annie1202, Oct 7, 2008.

1. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone is taking Cymbalta and Lyrica together. Is it safe? What does it do? Any good?
    Any info would be appreciated

2. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

I take both of them together. I have noticed that if I haven't got my Cymbalta (forgot it or forgot to pick up the RX) I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse that if I forget my Lyrcia.

I was put on both of them at the same time, so I think they are safe to take together. I have noticed that I crave sweets (carbs) something awful. I am already a full size gal, I don't need any other encouragement. I have decided at my next DR's visit I am going to ask him if we can run a trial (not take it) to see if the Lyrica is doing anything.
    It could be that I am much more depressed than I thought I was because when I forget my Cymbalta (AKA crazy the morning I cry and cry and cry. After I get home which is a 30 minute drive I can hardly function! I generally takes me a few days to get back on track.

What else to you take?
  3. my dr. said together they are fine, I just couldn't take the cymbalta.
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

No side effects other than the Lyrica- drowsiness. But the cymbalta did not work for me at all. Goodluck,
  5. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

I am going back on Cymbalta a choice between Effexor and Cym. The doctor choose Cym. I forgot how much these pills cost!!! I went to pick them up at the pharmacy and because I have an HMO it will cost me $80.00 for 90 days at 30mg. IF I DID NOT HAVE insurance, it would have cost me over $400.00!!! Unbelieveable!

How can the pharmacuticals be allowed to do this? Talk about compassion, what? Don't think they know that word.

Well Off to see the wizard.
  6. tabby8

tabby8 New Member

I just started Cymbalta with the Lyrica I had already been taking. My appetite was fine with the Lyrica, perhaps too fine, but the Cymbalta has taken it away. Now I eat because I have to. I wonder is this a side effect that will go away, or stay? I've only been on it for a week, but been taking Lyrica for a year.

The Lyrica felt like a miracle drug for my pain, energy level, and sleep for the first six months, but I slowly got worse again, so my doc suggested Cymbalta to go along with it.

And I could stand to lose 5 pounds or so, but no more.
  7. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I am supposed to be taking Lyrica, protonix, Ultram ER, Remeron, and some digestive enzymes. I think I take a few more things, but my brain just froze :)
    I was concerned about taking all of these meds together and what side effects they might have all put together.

I just took the first dose (30mg) of cymbalta last night and this morning I feel really crappy. I am hoping this feeling goes away.