Lyrica and Cymbalta together?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annie1202, Oct 7, 2008.

1. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone is taking Cymbalta and Lyrica together. Is it safe? What does it do? Any good?
    Any info would be appreciated

Annie
  2. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

I take both of them together. I have noticed that if I haven't got my Cymbalta (forgot it or forgot to pick up the RX) I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse that if I forget my Lyrcia.

I was put on both of them at the same time, so I think they are safe to take together. I have noticed that I crave sweets (carbs) something awful. I am already a full size gal, I don't need any other encouragement. I have decided at my next DR's visit I am going to ask him if we can run a trial (not take it) to see if the Lyrica is doing anything.
    It could be that I am much more depressed than I thought I was because when I forget my Cymbalta (AKA crazy pill..lol)in the morning I cry and cry and cry. After I get home which is a 30 minute drive I can hardly function! I generally takes me a few days to get back on track.

What else to you take?
  3. my dr. said together they are fine, I just couldn't take the cymbalta.
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

No side effects other than the Lyrica- drowsiness. But the cymbalta did not work for me at all. Goodluck,
    Jenn
  5. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

I am going back on Cymbalta a choice between Effexor and Cym. The doctor choose Cym. I forgot how much these pills cost!!! I went to pick them up at the pharmacy and because I have an HMO it will cost me $80.00 for 90 days at 30mg. IF I DID NOT HAVE insurance, it would have cost me over $400.00!!! Unbelieveable!

How can the pharmacuticals be allowed to do this? Talk about compassion, what? Don't think they know that word.

Well Off to see the wizard.
    Pat
  6. tabby8

tabby8 New Member

I just started Cymbalta with the Lyrica I had already been taking. My appetite was fine with the Lyrica, perhaps too fine, but the Cymbalta has taken it away. Now I eat because I have to. I wonder is this a side effect that will go away, or stay? I've only been on it for a week, but been taking Lyrica for a year.

The Lyrica felt like a miracle drug for my pain, energy level, and sleep for the first six months, but I slowly got worse again, so my doc suggested Cymbalta to go along with it.

And I could stand to lose 5 pounds or so, but no more.
  7. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I am supposed to be taking Lyrica, protonix, Ultram ER, Remeron, and some digestive enzymes. I think I take a few more things, but my brain just froze :)
    I was concerned about taking all of these meds together and what side effects they might have all put together.

I just took the first dose (30mg) of cymbalta last night and this morning I feel really crappy. I am hoping this feeling goes away.