Lyrica and Cymbalta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katopya, Aug 5, 2010.

1. katopya

katopya New Member

Hey all, just wondering if anyone is on lyrica and cymbalta together? my doc just added lyrica to my cymbalta because i wasnt able to manage pain during the day without lortab and flexeral. they make me loopy! just starting today.
  2. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Yes. I was prescribed both meds at the same time. I take the Lyrica at night and Cymbalta during the day. It may just take a little time to adjust.
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Hi katopya. I've been taking Lyrica and Cymbalta together for a few years now. Are you taking them at night before going to bed? I find doing that, I sleep better at night and then during the days I've found my pain medication works better. If I go off of one or the other for a few days, the pain during the day increases. If you aren't taking them before bed, talk with your doctor and ask him about doing it. I could see why adding the two to the pain meds during the day would make you feel loopy. I also take Neurontin 300 mg one at bedtime and one in the morning and am on Ultram ER, one in the AM. I hope some of what I said helps and you get a handle on the pain without being loopy ... no fun.