Lyrica and increased pain, stiffness, brain fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mesquitebean, Oct 11, 2008.

1. mesquitebean

mesquitebean New Member

I started Lyrica 75 mg twice a day two weeks ago and was told to gradually increase the dosage to 150 mg two times a day. After being on the Lyrica for just a few days, I had a couple of days with no pain and really thought this was going to be the miracle drug for me. Then, I started having increased pain at night, waking up in pain, and being very stiff with pain in the morning. I've been told by my doctor that I can increase the dosage of Lyrica to 300 mg twice a day. I'm having no relief at all and feel much worse than I have in the past. I'm considering going back on Neurontin which didn't help me at all during the day, but I was able to sleep well. I don't know what to do. I couldn't even get out of bed on my own this morning and then I went to the restroom and had to call my husband to help me get up! I've stayed stiff all day. I also have joint pain all over my body that has increased while on Lyrica.

I will say that my muscles feel much softer after being on the Lyrica. My legs had been so swollen and felt very tight or tense. That is much better, but I don't know if it is due to the Lyrica or the fact that my doctor increased Motrin to 800 mg three times a day, hoping it would help with the swelling in my legs.

I don't know if I should stay with the Lyrica and keep increasing it or if I should go off of it and try the Neurontin again. I really need some help with this.
  2. 5hei1a

5hei1a New Member

I'm not sure about your increased pain and stiffness....but I do know that Lyrica can have some nasty side effects. I can not take it because of extreme swelling, vision problems, dizziness, etc.

I would be very attentive to the effects.

Soft hugs,
    S
  3. If you read the side effects you can have MORE muscle pain with lyrica plus the other side effects your having. Maybe your taking too high a dose.