lyrica and nerve pain=NO FIBROMYALGIA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

seems to me if this lyrica is helping my pain more than the narcotic medicines than something else is going on with our bodies--

many are are getting great relief from lyrica- FMS isnt a nerve damage condition, so wouldnt you say we really dont have FIBROMYALGIA????

sounds like theres something else missing----what da ya think?

jgavi
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I tried Neurontin, generic form, which is the sister to Lyrica, and it did nothing for me. So, my guess is that it works for some, and not for others. Just like most meds.

Glad its working for you!

Raz
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

jgavi, are you saying that Lyrica is helping your pain? My doctor says that she has had great success with her FMS patients. It doesn't help my pain at all.

Lolalee
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

so if your pain isn't in your nerves it wouldn't help.Neurontin is a life saver for me.Linda
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

was make me gain some weight,,, quickly! Don't need that! I took it to see if it would help me sleep, and it didn't, and it didn't help any of my pain.

Many with FM have other conditions going on, so it stands to reason that it will work on some and not on others.
  6. gelicab

gelicab New Member

I have been on Nuerton but found that Lyrica worked better. I have nerve pain (burning sensation) in my face. I also have a slure or a slowing down feeling in my muscles in my face throughout a busy day. I found that Lyrica helped for both of these. And once I took it for 30 days then stopped I really noticed how crummy I felt. You should not stop taking Nuerontin or Lyrica without a doctors approval. If you find that it helps do it... Dont be discouraged if you have to switch to find results too. I often have to change things up over time.. Have had FM diagnosis for 5 yrs now.

The Meds I'm on
    Lyrica 3 times daily
    Roflexin 3 times daily
    Oxycotin 3 times daily
    Tryzadone 1 at bedtime
    Lortab 1 every 4 hours as needed for pain

7. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

i took high doses of Neuontrin also and it did nothing-----but LYRCIA at 300 mgs a day is doing well- takes the body awhile to adjust- very drowsy (dont drive) and had trouble with weakness- getting up, the knees had problems ----but after a few months the LYRICA is doing better than most narcotics that i have been taken---i take

oxycontin
    kadian
    methadose

thats why i posted my situation- there isnt a Fibromyalgia thing going on in my body even though they say i have it
    well maybe 25 percent FMS...and the rest a bunch of other unknows.............................

----well at least thats how i feel--
    LYRICA is a nerve damage medication and diebetics are the main people taken this------all i know it is doing a bunch for me and many others-----
    in my local group-----watch they will recall it!!! lol!!

i was on a low dose but it wasnt doing anything great but when i got to 300 mgs it was doing a great service to my soul! my body! my pain! my life!
    sorry for the mis spelts-=--gavi
  8. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

please ask your doc for a high dosage---what are you or did you take--->>>>????????

and what other meds did u take with it????

thanks gavi
  9. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I tried Lyrica .. and Raz .. they didn't give me a choice of the generic type .. which meant a huge expense out of pocket for me before our drug insurance compensated us back .. so I really have to wonder about that one !
    It didn't do anything for me but I have to admit I slept deeper .. which was a relief .. but not worth taking when it doesn't help with the pain .. so it was a "NO" for me after trying it .. and it was almost a 2 month trial period .. if it was going to work it should have ?
    Joy
  10. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

yes! -my LYRICA works on my pain better than the narcotics do---- i have nerve damage, after years of tests now i have nerve damage!!!
    well it could be bacteria also..

or just the brain in a short circuit mode....

ALL I KNOW IS AFTER 10 YEARS I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN THAT IS SO BAD IT ISNT A LIFE ANYMORE- LYRICA WILL WORK FOR AWHILE AND THAN IT WILL BE LIKE ALL THE OTHER MEDS---IT WILL STOP WORKING!

JGAVI