lyrica any advice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, May 29, 2008.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im so afraid to try it from everything i have read please any advice would be great thnks charlene
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

thanks for your reply im afraid of weight gain my hand and feet swell every night without it so im leary
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

charlene, i also take lyrica and while its not a wonder drug it really has help cut the pain down a notch or two for me as well.

i did have some dizziness, swelling of my feet and foggy kind of feeling. but the side effects mellowed after a bit...though, i could feel them a bit more when they would change the dosage. i take 300mg, 2 times a day.

for me the side effects were bothersome to yucky but bearable.

good luck with whatever you decide.

deb
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

thanks for your story hugs charlene
  5. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I started Lyrica last Friday. 75 mg twice a day The first 3-4 doses I took made my VERY sleepy - after that it wasn't so bad. I haven't noticed any swelling in my hands and/or feet until this afternoon - I notice my hands are a little swollen. Guess I'll have to watch this & see how it goes. I have experienced several episodes of dizziness & have to be careful when I take it vs when I'm going to be driving. Overall it has helped with pain some so I'll have to weigh the benefits & side effects after my body is used to it completely & see how they weigh out. I say try it - you can always stop it!
  6. vueluv

vueluv New Member

Ive been taking it for about 6 months or so and except for the weight gain (why is that always the side effect I get?)
    it has helped. I take 300 mg total-one pill in the afternoon and one at bedtime. As to the weight gain, I have read that recommendations of taking Pamprin to help with water weight have helped people. Not sure about that, though.
  7. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I was in lyrica for a while
    its is great for the pain but not good for the brain and the weight gain I could not take
  8. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I was on lyrica for a while
    its is great for the pain but not good for the brain and the weight gain I could not take
  9. charlenef

charlenef New Member

keep the stories coming hugs charlene