LYRICA anyone have any luck with it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jun 13, 2006.

1. My dr. just gave it to me this morning, I am always afraid to try some new med. Anyone have good or bad experiences with it?
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I tried it week before last and was getting worse headaches so I stopped. I posted this but not many responses. Then, I did a search on it and found most of the information; you may want to try this to get variety of responses.

sonny, I read your post also. Wish it helped me but I may try again after my next Rheumy appt.

Good luck with the Lyrica, Fibro

BlueSky555
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fibrobutterfly:

Sorry to say: I have not had any luck with Lyrica. Or Nuerontin (supposedly a cousin to Lyrica).

Nyrofan
  4. fahan

fahan New Member

As for myself I took it for quite some time. At first I thought it was doing me some good and was very happy!

It made me feel less pain, could not walk as a sober person much less do anything else as a sober person although I didn't feel "drunk".

I really, really thought I was going to die and I mean DIE at one point but the research coordinator ( also a supposed fibromyalgia suffer) told me that I was having a normal sysmptom, that which the coordinator named. I've came to my sinses and I have no doubt that it was very wrong.

Things went for me from bad to worse and I hope that you will be very careful. I still have side effects on an all- day basis to top my fibrom. and other several medical conditions.

The thing I really wish you to keep in mind and be careful of is that you are a guieny pig any way you look at it.

If the drug is " killing you", You have to FIND a DR. that not only cares about his pts. but also will go against the
    big pharmacy co. and the co- worker drs.,( 99% rented by pharmacy) and the crokted fda officials, the same type politicians.

Hey, the list goes one as its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Who cares about you? Only the ones YOU know care about you.

Ever wonder WHO or HOW the big wigs pay for ( or get paid for) there many houses, cars, club dues, kids through college, grandkids through college, GOOD HEALTHCARE, ever think about that?

Wonder how many patients they need each day, week, mo., yr. to play our GOD or to rule our everyday life?

Just please for your sake LISTEN to your body, pay close attention to the foods ( all ingredients) you put into your body.
    I also do believe strongly onto this as I've learned that this has been a big healer to a point in my life.

Sorry to keep going on and on, Keep track, Good Luck, fahan

5. fahan

fahan New Member

As for myself I took it for quite some time. At first I thought it was doing me some good and was very happy!

It made me feel less pain, could not walk as a sober person much less do anything else as a sober person although I didn't feel "drunk".

I really, really thought I was going to die and I mean DIE at one point but the research coordinator ( also a supposed fibromyalgia suffer) told me that I was having a normal sysmptom, that which the coordinator named. I've came to my sinses and I have no doubt that it was very wrong.

Things went for me from bad to worse and I hope that you will be very careful. I still have side effects on an all- day basis to top my fibrom. and other several medical conditions.

The thing I really wish you to keep in mind and be careful of is that you are a guieny pig any way you look at it.

If the drug is " killing you", You have to FIND a DR. that not only cares about his pts. but also will go against the
    big pharmacy co. and the co- worker drs.,( 99% rented by pharmacy) and the crokted fda officials, the same type politicians.

Hey, the list goes one as its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Who cares about you? Only the ones YOU know care about you.

Ever wonder WHO or HOW the big wigs pay for ( or get paid for) there many houses, cars, club dues, kids through college, grandkids through college, GOOD HEALTHCARE, ever think about that?

Wonder how many patients they need each day, week, mo., yr. to play our GOD or to rule our everyday life?

Just please for your sake LISTEN to your body, pay close attention to the foods ( all ingredients) you put into your body.
    I also do believe strongly onto this as I've learned that this has been a big healer to a point in my life.

Sorry to keep going on and on, Keep track, Good Luck, fahan

6. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i was so tired from the medicine, i refuse to take anything that knocks me out, or makes me drugged tired...

as i have four kids and need to function, i will suffer in pain before, i am not able to take care of them , like when i was in pain management..... the pain was managed but i might as well not been living......

i have learned to take what i need to manage the pain as long as i can stay awake, even if that means sitting on the couch in pain...

sorry so long and off the topic...btw it did help the pain, just made me to loopy
  7. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Hi Butterfly!
    I'm glad you posted this because I was thinking about posting it this week.

I've been on Lyrica for a little over 3 months now and that combined with my Fentanyl patches and the extra magnesium my doc added to my diet has all but alleviated my need for breakthrough meds.

It took about two months to kick in and at first my doc had me on too high of a dosage. 300mg in the am and 300 in the pm. It caused a lot of drowsiness and slurring of speech. So she backed off to one twice day and now I'm back to the orginal 600mg per day.

I sleep so much better and it has helped with my lower body pain. Still have upper body pain but it's not as bad.

Hope it helps others as much as it's helped me after all these years of pain.

Feelin' better every day (hopefully)
    Sandy
  8. My dr. told me to finish the neurontin before starting the lyrica. I am so leary of taking new drugs. If they make to too out of it, spacey, whatever I won't take them.
  9. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been on Lyrica for just about 3 months now and I am VERY happy with it!

It has made a big difference on my daily pain, my IBS and stomach issues, and I sleep better!

It took almost 2 months for all the side effects to wear off. It did make me quite tired for the first few weeks and stuff but if you can wait it out past the initial side effects they seem to taper off.

I have almost no side effects now and the benefits I get from this med far outweigh any side effect.
  10. tonakay

tonakay New Member

No luck here, made my hands and feet swell too badly.

Good luck,
    Tona
  11. what dosages are any of you on or were on may I ask?
  12. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

I was diagnosed with Firbomyalgia about a year ago. My doc has prescribed many different drugs and had bad side affects. Lyrica is one of the drugs I tried a few months ago and had the worst side effects, such as dizziness, nausea and just feeling overall like I was in a fog. My doc recently prescribed Elavil for me. I take one 25 mg pill at night and it has made a huge difference. And I have had no side affects at all. I sleep like a baby through the night and the pain has subsided tremendously. I know that meds affect all people differently, but Elavil has given me back my life. If you have not tried it, I would highly recommend giving it a try. Good luck to you and I hope you get some relief.
  13. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I take 75mg of Lyrica 3 times a day.

I will say that I did have a few side effects when I started taking it but the longer I took it the more they went away. Pretty much mostly gone after 1 month and gone after 2 months. I know that sounds like a long time but if you can get some benefits from it it's worth toughing out the first few weeks.