Lyrica Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Highlights, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Highlights

Highlights New Member

Has anyone used Lyrica for fibro? What dose? Do you feel it helped? Did it make you tired or lethargic the next day?

Based on what I've read, I was hopeful that it might help with both sleep and pain; without having to take so many different medications.

Nancy
  2. there are many who have tried lyrica, if you type in lyrica in search you will find alot. I am afraid most people who will post to your answer have had trouble with it. BUT I am on 100 mg twice a day, I did have trouble with it on a higher dose (150mg) and the dr. told me it needs adjusting to your particular self/problems. It is worth trying, BUT I would suggest starting at 50 or 75 mg once a day and work up. My dr. originally put me on 150 mg and OMG it was horrible. So start low and move up. good luck.

Personally it didn't make me tired, and I am watching the weight gain some people mention, so far so good. It really helps with the pain and well worth trying.
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

tolerate it. I started with 60 mg and I started vomiting about an hour later. Then he told me to just take 30 mg and the nauseua and muscle spasms were too much for me to take so I quit it after 5 days and then it took 3 more days for me to get over it.

Suzette
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I had trouble with it at first because it caused dizzy spells, but I just took a short nap to get over them. They happened at the same time each day so it was fairly predictable.

I'm currently taking 150mg 2x a day. My dr. tried to wean me back down to a lower dosage a few months ago and it didn't work, so this is apparently where I'm staying, haha.

I don't really notice any side effects from it, tho I'm wondering whether some of my brain fog and speech difficulty problems are coming from it.

It really doesn't help my sleep all that much, but the pain is so much much more tolerable. I barely even notice it on good days.

A lot of people complain of weight gain from it. I guess that is just an individual thing as I never had a problem with that either.

Hope this helped you :)
  5. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Hi Iam on lyrica as well, taking 150mg but just been upted to 225mg a day cause i have epilepsy as well and it looks like maybe the codeine I take with the Lyricas is upting the seizures. I cant tell as far as the side effects go cause they are so similar to fibro symptoms. I just endure and make the best of it, it definately helps with the pain so iam happy.
    all you can do is try and see why happens, that the naure of this illness, try and keep proactive in management

love n light
    Connie
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi Nancy .. I have been on Lyrica almost a year and it helps a lot with sleep .. I actually SLEEP ! .. I have developed a facial neuralgia and it must have been controlled for some time because of the Lyrica suppressing it .. but weather conditions .. stress .. made it flare tremendously .. it was then I researched more about it and found that Lyrica is one of the meds used for it ..
    Over all it works well for me .. 300 mgs at night time.

Good luck ... i hope it works for you too !
    Joy : )
  7. maee16

maee16 New Member

Nancy, I am on Lyrica. Started out on a high dose, then the doctor adjusted it. Yes, it makes me tired and a little relaxed. It does help me with my pain . I am also on Fentanyl Patch. My body, same as everyone else, gets used to a pain med. and stops working. So we then have to go on something else. Right now the Patch, for me isn't fully helping the Body Wide Pain, so I am taking the Lyrica also. So, now I have to see what happens. Wish the PAIN would go away completely and never come back. I have been suffering for 7yrs. now. But, I do my best to keep going and not let the Fibro get the best of me. Hugs to you. maee16
  8. maee if you don't mind what dose are you on?