Lyrica as a sleep aid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Jun 3, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

just wondering if anyone is using lyrica as a sleep aid?
  2. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Razorqueen,
    I just recently started taking 150 mg. of Lyrica at night to help me sleep as well as the muscle relaxer Zanaflex. Well, the good news is that I slept better the last 3 nights than I have in FOREVER!! I'm not sure if it's the Lyrica or the Zanaflex or both that is doing the trick.
    Hope this helps, Earthdog
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2006]
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

have you had any weight gain that many have had? That is one thing that scares me. I was hoping to kill a few birds with one stone, so to speak with this drug. My restless leg syndrome and headaches and body pain, and my insomnia.
  4. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Razorqueen. 100 mg was not doing much. This was a month ago. Felt very irritable, increased appetite, and super tired. Would raid the cupboards and frig! Gained some weight, and think I am now losing.

Have insomnia probs and was diagnosed with sleep apnea awhile back along with the fms, cfs, hypothyro. Insomnia and fatigue has been at its worse lately.

Up to 150mg of lyrica and still feel super tired.

Seeing doc this week to discuss lyrica, and if it is worth increasing again. He will prob tell me to try my cpap again.

Sorry I did not have a straight answer for you, but I have heard success stories with other people. Wish that was me!

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  5. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

I just started lyrica, a freebie intro at 75 mg. It made me feel really strange the first night. But after 5 nights with one night going back to Flexeral to see if the AM difference was really different it seems to be good for the waking up normal part. With flex I had a hangover, groggy and lucky to wake up at all. With this I actually get up and I can take it every night so far, more than as needed. Tonight it is not working so well as my foot pain spiked -ha! I am usually asleep and nicely so. I cannot take this during the day as it does put me to sleep even at 75. I will say that as compared to some of you guys my fibro is not as "bad" getting there I think but I feel so badly for some of you all. Take care