Lyrica Commercial

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Dec 9, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Has anyone eles seen this commercial for FM yet? just saw it for the first time a few days ago,,,,,it's promoting lyrica,,,,the new drug,,,,,,It was pretty good! i'm probably way behinde times up here in MT,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

commercial is down here in Tx....although I don't think that my dr has seen it
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

This is something that i'm going to ask my DR. about on the next check up visit,,,,,,if she has seen it,,,I need to do some research on this Med and find out what it's supposed to do for us,,,,,,,,,

Supposedly it's the first drug approved by the FDA for FM but i think cymbalta is up there too,,,,,,
  4. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

and it's made a big difference for me. It definitely has side effects (dizziness, bloating for me) but the side effects went away for the most part after about week 2.

I take it in combination with Robaxin and Lodine (for headaches and a muscle relaxer). It takes away a large part of my fibro pain, although I do have some breakthrough pain from time to time.

Lyrica was originally intended for people with seizures, and it is neurological in action. Which just convinces me even more that fibro pain is neurological in origin.

I still have other symptoms - blood feels like it's boiling, fatigue, etc., but Lyrica has enabled me to get off the couch for the first time in months. I've been able to clean my house, get my hair done, and get a pedicure, all of which were unimaginable a month ago.

It's not a miracle cure, but it sure makes life easier!

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the info on Lyrica! I'm really happy it has made a difference for you!,,,,,,,,,,I somtimes wonder about the Nero thing too!,,,,,,

But am convinced in my case that the pain Generates from both the physical and the Nero,,,,,,,,,,I've been on Cymbalta since March and it has made a huge difference in my cognitive and depression level!,,,,,But Lyrica sounds Wonderful for you!,,,,I hope you continue to improve!

Like you i have been able to get out more and do more things!,,,,,,Also have been doing a very lite version of Yoga for the past year and that has helped alot too!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's so GOOD to hear from you!! I really wish i could come to NM and Visit!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would Bring you a jar full of Snow from MT!,,,,lolol!,,,,,,We could Make Snow cones!,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  6. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Although right now, we can supply the snow! lol
    Love you tons
  7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Is it the one where a woman is reading out of a diary? If so.... I have a question.

When you all are in so much pain with FM, does your handwriting suffer? The diary in the commercial has perfect penmanship.

I know when I have a head ache or something, I can't read my own writing. I can't imagine it would be any different with FM.

Just wondering...

8. sisland

sisland New Member

Ohh Kool you have snow! Thats just the ticket for Christmas!,,,,,Thanks for being my Friend!,,,,Love to you Too!,,,,,,Hows your Pup? good i hope!

Bud~~Yep that's the One! You bring up a Good point! My hand writing sufferes big time! i start out in cursive and end up printing! it gets Larger and larger as i go along!

Reading is the other problem! Need Glasses but keep putting it off!,,,,Fine print is a buger!,,,,,I Hope your havin' a Good Day Gal!,,,,,,Love ,,,Sis
  9. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

sometimes is impossible. I can't even read it. Maybe we should be doctors? lol

On the other hand, I'm just glad to see fibro getting some airtime.

10. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Lyrica is very much like Neurontin(gabapentin). It affects most people the same. This is not a new drug,it's status as being used for FMS is what's new. There have been a few people here that have been taking Lyrica or Neurontin for neurpathy.

I cannot takes these meds,they cause headaches,swelling,nausea and night terrors.
    Please always research medicines to see if you have taken something similar in the past.
    My mother was given Lyrica for FMS,but the doc didn't tell her it was like Neurontin....made her very ill,just like Neurontin. She could have avoided time,expense and side effected if she had known.

Please be an educated patient. Doctors do not always take the time to find out what you can or cannot take or what meds are like what...they often prescribe what drug companies push them to.

Many blessings!

[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2007]
  11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes I have seen it several times. I wonder if they think the actor portrays the typical fibro patient? I would like to see them use actors in all age groups and both genders, who state they have pain from fibro etc. I mean younger people, older, and middle age, even children. It attacks all ages.

I appreciate the commercial but hope it does not present a stereotype that only middle age women have it.
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

They started running it in San Francisco last week. At least
    it is an opportunity for some exposure to the reality of FM.
    I'm on the CFS team but have increasing pain over the last
    couple of years so I may be a "switch hitter" soon. Hope not!

You take care, "K"?