Lyrica Day 2

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debbieuk, Sep 5, 2006.

1. debbieuk

debbieuk New Member

Its day 2 for me on the Lyrica. I have had better sleep but alll my pains seem to be heightened, has anyone else experienced this? I feel I have been run over by a herd of elephants. My vision is blurred...something I expected! My head feels whoozy like I have just smoked a joint. I am going to persevere with the med in the hope it will help in the long term. I will keep you posted how it is affecting me.

Best wishes to all

Debbie
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi there Debbie ... I'm just working my way down from Lyrica .. my doctor and I were hoping it would work on the pain .. but it only made me dopey .. I slept better though .. right now I take one at night till I finish the script ..
    I hope you have better luck than I did ! Give it time !
    Joy : )
  3. valry

valry New Member

I just started lyrica too. I'm woozy too. And last night I got up 7 times to pee pee and twice to eat. I'm worried about gaining weight. I am thin, only 100 lbs, but my daughter is getting married next year and I got my dress already. If I can't fit into it I'll scream. Other than the peeing and eating I am sleeping , except for last night, better. It is helping with what the neuro things is neuropathic pain in my hands and feet, but not the other aching pain or my back pain. I'll keep it up until this RX is done and see how I feel.
  4. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

I was also very sleepy and couldn't wake up in the morning. the alarm would go off and i wouldn't hear it at all. that never happened to me before.

it didn't help my pain, in fact it didn't benefit me at all.

Good luck and God Bless!
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I have taken it for 3 mos now, and I can tell a little about it. Yes, I'm hungry all the time, but I'm 40 now, and don't care as much now. The tired thing will pass mostly, except at night. I took Elivil for my sleep troubles, and it is the perfect sleeping pill for me. I didn't have to take it since the Lyrica, until I realized that the Lyrica drouzyness did not give me restful sleep. so occasionally I take the Elivil on top of it. I was feeling like I didn't sleep at all on the Lyrica. Anyways, I just road it out, LYRICA: according to me. I think it just helps me forget about the pain, really. The pain is still there, it's just in the back ground, some how. My muscles still burn, but it's in the back ground.I take it in the morning. I have to dump 600 mgs early, then I take another 300mgs a few hours later. that seems to be all I can take. 300 more gives no more benefit. That buzzes me through the mid day, and when it wears off I crash hard. I can't hardly move. That still is better for me since w/ out I would be stuck hardly moving all day. I know theres something better, but I've so far spent most of my time as a drug experement, I hope you don't have to go through the same. I love you all.