Lyrica for Neuropathy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I was wondering if anyone here takes Lyrica for neuropathy and also wondering how well if works.

Thanks for any responses Pamela
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

to nuerontin.
    It helps with nerve pain, but it had too many side effects for me.
    I am very sensitive to meds though.
    If you have nerve pain, I would ask for a sample and give it a try.
    Some people do great on it.
    My side effects were heart flutters, panic feeling, light headedness, concentration problems and hunger.
    I have all these things all ready so I wasn't happy to make them even worse.
    I have not ruled out taking it though, I may try to take it just when my nerve pain gets out of control.
    It really helped with my sleep, I liked that alot.
    Oh yeah, you have to be careful not to overdue yourself, because it makes you not feel the pain as much so you may push yourself too hard ( I did). It will not help with muscle tightness. It caused me to flare.
    This is just my experience, I hope it helps you.:)
    Claudia
    P.S. I don't know if you saw my post, but you and I have our hearing date on the same day!:)Mine is on March 14th at 8:45.[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2006]
  3. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Pamela,
    If your doctor suggests it, take it! Mind did and we started out on one pill a day and I'm to work up to three. Well, two is where I am now and it really helps with the pain. I still hurt and had to lay low when a weather front came barreling in, but it does help - me anyway.
    H

[ advertisement ]