Lyrica Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jane in Summerfield, Jun 18, 2013.

?

Lyrica Hair Loss

1. replacement drug for Lyrica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Doctor doesn't believe it or just doesn't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I started using Lyrica 75 mg 3 x day about a year ago and noticed hair loss. I have severe neuropathy from my waist to my toes from a spinal cord injury. The pain was still pretty bad with that dose and so I was finally on 200 mg 3 times a day for the past 6 months and my hais is so thin that I can't use a hair dryer because it burns my scalp. I have tried using other drugs, but they don't seem to help. I used to have beautiful long hair but now I noticed that even the hair shaft is very fine - I can hardly pick it up from my clothes because it is like a very fine piece of thread. It's bad enough being in a wheelchair and in constant pain, but going bald too???
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Dear Jane,

I have Fibromyalgia and was asked if I wanted to take Lyrica or that other drug that I think starts with an S. I haven't done so due to the side effects mostly or I would have tried them. I am on enough meds to contend with. Wish I could help.

Hopefully, you will have enough people respond to you since you are on the FM/CFS board. Just wanted to say HI and I hope you finds some answers and or someone to vent with. Originally when I started posting this I thought you were on the Chit Chat board which is where I usually hang out - on the Porch and or Lounge and was going to tell you to go to the FM/CFS board - which is just where you went :)!! Duh, my brain is not so good this morning.

Good luck to you and I am so sorry you are having so many problems with pain, neuropathy and hair loss. Hope yo find some solutions .

Love and soft hugz,
    Granni
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Oh Oh Jane.

I just noticed we are on Chit Chat (Friendship and Support). Please post this also to the FM/ CFS boards and you should get some more responses.

Hugz,
    Granni
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Jane, I'm so very sorry that you are suffering from hair loss and fine hair on top of all your other problems. I wish I could help but I don't have an answer for you. Granni is right; if you post this on the FMS/CFIDS board, you should get more responses.

In the meantime, please feel free to join us here in Chit Chat Land. Some of us gather at the Lounge thread and some on the Porch thread. This is a good place just to chat with friendly people to take our minds off our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

OMG.....I'm so sorry for what you're going thru. It's hard on men but doubly harder on women. Have you gone to a dermatologist to check for alopecia? Many times it's stress related but what I've read it there is treatment for it, so I would say don't just assume it the lyrica.
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Sunflowergirl, you could be right. I know a friend of mine whose granddaughter has that disease. It would be good to check it for sure. I didn't know that hair loss could be a side effecthe Lyrica. Maybe it is but if you could check it out Jane, and perhaps there would be something to help you.

Jane - Did you start the hair loss right after you began to take the Lyrica?

I am so sorry to hear this as Mikie says it is much harder on woman than on men. Now they have things on the market for men you can get at the store but it is not cheap stuff. Wondering how great it really works.

Hugz,
    Granni
  7. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Lyrica, but have no desire for it...I worry about the drugs....

The first thing I thought about was thyroid, do you have your thyroid supported and under CONTROL properly. jam
  8. MamaBearZoo

MamaBearZoo Member

Yes I am experiencing major hairloss after increasing to 150mg pills.I also take cymbalta. I am losing so much hair it won't be long and I will be thinned out!
  9. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Jane, Welcome to the Board. Are you in Summerfield, MA? I couldn't find one listed on the net, but
    it seems to me I heard of one. I did see there are Summerfields in NC, KS, FL and TX.

The Pro Health Board was recently modified. To find the spot for
    Fibromyalgia and ME & CFS Discussions

click on "Forums" at the top of this page. Then look for the above title which has over 100,000
    nessages. It's the third one down.

Here on the chit chat board there are threads with specific topics and two that have no topic. These
    are the lounge and the porch. Folks just drop in and chat about whatever is on their mind: recipes,
    birthdays, grandkids, annoying relatives, pets, old movies and songs, shopping, good news and bad.

I hope somebody can give you some helpful info.

Rock