Lyrica-it is helping me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mermaid01, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mermaid01

mermaid01 New Member

9/23/08 I tried Lyrica (at bedtime) for the first time. I was surprised to find myself feeling better the next day. I am having some knee problems and realized that Lyrica was not helping with the knee's. I figured that my FM hurts all over my body including skin. That type of pain (burning, all over pain) seems to be 80% better. So my knee's problem has nothing to do with the FM. If Lyrica shuts down the signals that tell the body your in pain then our nerve endings must be involved. Actual knee or sprained ankle or broken bones are going to hurt no matter what, until they heal.

I don't know if I'm making any sense here. Two nights ago I upped the dose at night to 2 Lyrica's; still helps and no side affects so far. I am tired during the day but if I get up and start a project the tiredness goes away.

I was told by my doctor that Lyrica only works on 30% of the people who try it. Does that mean that 30% of us truly have FM or ??? It occured to me that it might be possible. Who knows; just a thought.

I hope if you try Lyrica that it will work for you; please let me know your thoughts on this subject. If you are using this medication please share your experience. I know that some have talked about it.

Thanks for your help.
  2. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I am glad it worked for you. Some people have really bad experiences with it. But for ones that it works for like you and I, it works wonders.

I also have arthritis and unfortunately the Lyrica or the fentynl patch does not touch that. Good to talk to you.

3. Dee911Lady

Dee911Lady New Member

Some days I don't take it all. If I get the creepy crawlies as I call it, I take it. Lyrica really helps with that. I can't take it as prescribed and I'm on the lowest dose. I am a Zombie and got very depressed. For those of you that can't take it like prescribed, you may want to try it as needed. Just dont' exceed your recommended dose. It really helps me when I need it.