Lyrica/Neurontin for "flu" symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LouiseK, May 12, 2006.

1. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Hi

Do those of you who take neurontin or Lyrica find it helpful for that dreadful, daily feeling of having the worst flu of your life - that general, all over, really intense achiness, etc.

I cannot go a day without feeling that way and the total collapsing exhaustion seems to come right along with it. JUST like the flu actually. Sort of suddenly and severe.

Neuontin/Lyrica helping anyone with this?

Best wishes to all,

LouiseK
  2. gladone

gladone New Member

Hi LouiseK,

I'm not currently on Neurontin. Last year I took this drug for approx. 6-8 months. During that time, I noticed it helped me with my nerve type pain. This was pain that radiated down my legs or made my skin feel on fire. I am sorry to say I have not found anything that helps with the horrible flu like fatigue.

Best of luck to you,

Gladone

3. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, even though I'm not happy with the responses (ha ha). I need it for the nerve pain but something's gotta give with this "flu" like syndrome.

Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate any anti-inflammatories as I burned my stomach out taking them by the handfuls when I first got sick.

So glad to hear the aspirin is helping you.

Peace,

LouiseK.
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Neurontin does not do that for me at all, but Pau D' Arco (herbal remedy) does. Neurontin helps with the overactive brain at nite, but doesn't even really help my pain, which is why I'm weaning off of it, or at least down to a very small dose.

Neurontin isn't ment for that flu like feeling. You really need some kind of anti viral for that, weather natural or Dx'd.

K.