Lyrica or Mirapex Meds for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kward26, Jan 13, 2006.

1. kward26

kward26 New Member

Is anyone currently taking Lyrica or Mirapex for Fibro.
    A friend of mine is taking Lyrica and say she feels normal
    again Lyrica has been the cure for her.
  2. Rainshadow

Rainshadow New Member

After I read the article here about the success a doctor in Seattle had with his fibro patients on Mirapex I asked my doctor if I could try it. My internest, who is my pcp, is great and encourages me to explore alternatives and treatments and to become as informed as possible about my various health problems. So he said, sure, let's try it. Of course I haven't noticed any difference yet and may have to increase the dose from two to three times a day but I am hopeful. I guess we're all looking for a silver bullet.
  3. kward26

kward26 New Member

Good Luck -
    I hope you have great success with Mirapex.
    I read about the rheumatologist in Renton, Washington
    who had success treating Fibromyalgia patients with
    Mirapex.
    I am going to talk to my rheumatologist about whether
    I should consider trying Mirapex or Lyrica.
  4. DeborahHutchby

DeborahHutchby New Member

Hi I am taking mix of lyrica and cymbalta, it does help with pain but not things like tiredness and brain fog. Is mirapex better at helping these problems?
  5. scrapkat

scrapkat New Member

I'm going to ask my dr tomorrow when I go if I try it. I am also started to show signs of Tremors (Parkinsons) which runs in all the women in my family so it might be a 2 for 1 drug for me.

scrapkat
  6. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

I started taking Mirapex about 3 weeks ago..It has really helped with my fibro pain and have more energy. There are reports of people getting nauseous with it but so far I haven't. The doc started me out very slowly ..up to 3 pills 3 times a day. My doc and I decided that this dosage is fine and I don't need to increase it. Good Luck!
  7. ksc

ksc New Member

i've been on mirapex for over 2 yrs. it's helped turn my life around. i take 3 mg at night before bed. most of my symptoms have backed way off or are gone.
    good luck
    kathy
  8. kward26

kward26 New Member

I am so happy for you. I am axious to try Mirapex.
  9. J.K.

J.K. New Member

What kind of drug is Lyrica?
  10. kward26

kward26 New Member

Lyrica,
    is a med prescribed for nerve pain. It works by attaching
    to part of the over-firing nerve cells. This is thought to help to reduce the pain signals.
    (Now used for the nerve pain associated with shingles
    and Diabetes)
  11. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I take mirapex at nite for restless leg syndrome it also helps me sleep, never heard of it helping fibro other than that.