Lyrica & Pain - Lost but now Found

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Mar 3, 2007.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

I've been on 100 mg (50 mg x2/day) of Lyrica since the end of December. It had pretty much knocked out my pain. Of course, I'm one of those that feels "drunk" after taking it still.

Anyhow, as of yesterday afternoon, my pain is back full force...actually, it may be the single worst episode I've ever gone through!

So much for the Lyrica! Any other suggestions for pain???

TerryS
    [This Message was Edited on 03/03/2007]
  2. Sorry to hear its not working. That is what I am afraid of, as sometimes it feels like it is working wonderful and then sometimes it feels like I didn't take a pill. Maybe you need a higher dose? My dr. says she gives 75 mg twice a day and my rheumie tells me he gives 150 two to three times a day for his fibro patients, we need a higher dose. ?????? good luck to you.
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

Yeah, I'm wondering about upping the dose. My doc initially told me that I would need to work up to 300 mg per day; however, I've had such a hard time adjusting to my 100 mg (head spinning, feeling high), that I can't imagine going up to 300 mg.

On the other hand, maybe it's coincidental. I mean, one of my major complaints all along has been dizziness/spaciness...but it had gotten better...then I went on the Lyrica and those symptoms came back. I guess that's why I keep contributing that to the Lyrica.

Maybe I'll go ahead and do 150 mg for the next couple of weeks and go from there.

Thanks for the inspiration.

TerryS