Lyrica progress.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by severina, May 10, 2005.

1. severina

severina New Member

Ive just been reading about some of you who have been taking this or are about to start.
    My doctor gave it to me today and Im starting it tonight, just wondering if its still working for you as good as Ive read, and have you had any side-effects. Im quite excited about starting this, as Ive tried everything and I know it has had very good reports. Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2005]
  2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

Severina,

I start lyrica today as well. My cynical side tells me that all the hype (remedyfind users are throwing around words like "full remission") is just a viral marketing campaign by Pfizer to boost sales. We shall soon see!

Eddie
  3. kikdoc

kikdoc New Member

Please keep us posted on how you are faring with Lyrica. I am anxious to hear people's experiences with it as it sounds like it may offer some relief. It would be great to learn from your experiences on it before it is available in the States in the fall (hopefully). Thanks!
  4. severina

severina New Member

I will keep you all informed of my progress - Ive just taken it and Im in bed now and Im feeling ok (so far LOL!) hoping it stays that way coz Im sick of taking meds and having a s@#@ reaction to it! Heres hoping.
    Eddie let me know how you get on too.
    x
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

severina,

they wouldn't give me my first dose today because i copped to being on zanaflex to help with sleep :( i have to observe a 7 day "wash out" period and go back next week. i'll be interested to hear how you feel over the next couple days. the doctor conducting my study says pfizer is very excited about lyrica. she also said it's far superior to neurontin in terms of side effects and effectiveness; interesting tidbit, the DEA is already considering labeling lyrica a controlled substance because it produces mild euphoria in a lot of folks. gimme some of that!

e.
  6. severina

severina New Member

Ok, so its morning now and Im feeling ok, a bit spacey and my heads buzzing a bit, but apart from that I feel alright. As the night went on, I got more "numb" and tired which did dull a bit of pain, but I am only on 50mg for a week, and the recommended dose is much higher, but I dont think I could have coped with a high first dose so my doctor was right there.
    Will keep you updated on the next couple of days.x
  7. cheryldad

cheryldad New Member

Has anyone heard thid from hteir doc about side effects or looked on the patient inserts? Please let me know. Thanks.
  8. severina

severina New Member

Im in Northern Ireland, U.k.
    Apparently it is quite expensive as well so that will hinder some people getting it.

I took my second one last night, and this morning Im feeling a bit foggy and my head is buzzing a little, but apart from that Im ok!
  9. severina

severina New Member

Still not doing badly with this, although I am feeling a little sleepy during the day and still a bit spacey (considering I am only on a 50mg starting dose-taken at bedtime), I wouldnt like to see what state I would be in when Im on my higher dose! However Im still getting used to it..so Im giving it a chance.
    But all in all, still not having any great relief but like I said, Im on a very low dosage.
  10. severina

severina New Member

Not much to report really, Im not feeling much pain improvement as yet, hopefully when I up my dose -however I am sleeping much better, not waking up as often and not lying awake half the night as I did. Suppose that is something good anyway! I will be upping my dose next week, so I will keep you all posted!
  11. severina

severina New Member

Ive been taking 2x75mg (a.m & p.m) for 3 days now..Im not feeling too bad, but I am a bit giddy and Im feeling dizzy at times. Of course these are the symptoms to expect for a while so Im sticking with them. Still been having pain but some of it is dampened since Im feeling quite numb, which is probably what the meds are meant to do, but not a massive difference as yet in pain reduction.
    Will keep you all posted for those that are interested.
  12. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

Severina,

I started Lyrica Thursday on the same dose (75mg 2xday) and having a similar experience. The first day was amazing, great energy boost and it helps my anxiety, but I haven't noticed any significant pain relief. I woke to my usual pain/stiffness this morning, maybe slightly better. No side effects at least. It seems it will be a useful symptom management tool for some, but no magic bullet. I guess that's the best we can hope for, eh?

e.
  13. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

I'm a couple hours noth of you (outside Gainesville). Where/ how are you able to start Lyrica in the states?

~Rose
  14. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

I'm participating in a clinical trial at Meridien Research in Tampa.

e.
  15. severina

severina New Member

..make sure you keep me posted on how you are getting on, feel free to mail me if you like as well.
    I have noticed a slight increase in my appetite as well-which is unfortunate.
  16. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

severina,

i doubled my dose this morning to 300 mg (150mg 2xday). will keep you posted.

e.
  17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Please keep us informed about your experiences...I just read about this new drug in a newsletter, and it does sound promising.

I am very curious. Thank you for posting.

Sue
  18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Where are the clinical trials being held here in the US? Does anyone know? Boy, I would like to participate in one, but I live so far away from any major city, it's unlikely.

However, if you know of any other places, possibly other people can take advantage of it.

That it may come out in the fall is a good sign; I hope something comes out soon.

Sue
  19. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I'm excited to find a trial that just opened up in Anaheim, south of LA. I need to wait a month to go on it - and endure a 7 day washout where I doubt I'll sleep at all-but if it works, what a find! Keep us posted on your progress, please ladies!
  20. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

daily of lyrica with good results. better sleep. more energy. modest pain relief. my only complaint is that the energy it does give me seems unnatural, if that makes sense. a little speedy. but i'll take what i can get. i also had some balance problems when i first upped my dose but they seem to have resolved.

eddie