lyrica question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LIBBY5, May 5, 2006.

1. LIBBY5

LIBBY5 New Member

I was wondering has anyone tried this and at what mg.has the drug made any difference to anyone.
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I had a sample bottle of lyrica 50mg. I was to take one at bedtime for pain/sleep. I quit after four nights because of swelling my hands and feet.

Good luck to you,
    Tona
  3. beaniej

beaniej New Member

Libby,

I started on Lyrica about 2 weeks ago. To me, it is a MIRACLE drug!

I had a really bad March as far as my FMS goes. I couldn't get in to see the doctor for several weeks. (He was going on vacation for a week.) I called the doctor two days before he went on vacation and said, "Please, give me something!" He ordered Lyrica for me that day. That night, I took a pill before bedtime, and the next day I felt 90% better!!! I have been feeling great since - and NO side effects. I started off taking 1 pill (50 mg) once at night and then went on two a day the second week. (I'm not sure I even needed to go on 2-a-day but those were the instructions.)

I thanked God for that Rx. It has made quite a difference and I pray it continues!!

To your good health,

beaniej
  4. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

I take 300 mg a day....150 at a time.

Sometimes I just take a 75 if I am tired and dont want to get more drowsy.

I can't say my symptoms have gotten worse with it, and I am not sure how much benefit I have received. My neurologist doesn't really want to discuss reducing it.

I worry about side effects, but so far I am ok and my weight gain was minimal.

My goal is to remain as functional and strong as possible, so if it helps, then good.

I also take 50 mg of Klonopin and 25 mg of Tzanadine before bed.

5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

between Lyrica and Neurontin?? It sounds like they are pretty much the same to me. Does anyone know??

Laura