Lyrica question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chelsaroo, Sep 18, 2011.

1. chelsaroo

chelsaroo New Member

My doc put me Lyrica and I have a couple of questions. I definately sleep harder, but if I do wake up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom, I feel wide awake and struggle getting back to sleep. Is this normal?

Also, I just started this and I'm still at the one pill stage. When I begin taking the second pill during the day, am I going to feel tired?

What other meds has anyone tried and found to be successful at reducing pain?
  2. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Chelsaroo!

I too take Lyrica and was up to 300 mg. but it was just too much for me. It made me soooo tired! So, I ended up taking only 100 mg. at night and it really helps me sleep. Of course I remember that it took a few weeks or so to work well for me. Lyrica also works good on my fibro pain and fatigue! I also take 2 mg. Clonazepam, (Klonipin) and with the Lyrica it is the perfect sleep combo. I rarely have a bad night's sleep now and if I wake up to go pee I go right back to sleep. Another thing, the Clonazepam does'nt make me feel groggy in the morning and I also take 1/2 pill for panic attacks and anxiety. If I am having a panic attack or feeling a lot of anxiety and take the 1/2 it usually works in about 30-45 minutes and I feel sooooo much better! Good luck with the Lyrica and I'm sure you will get a lot of replies!

Peace and Comfort, Julie
  3. luigi21

luigi21 Member

Hi, i didnt get on with lyrica, made me feel disassociated from myself, also made me very hungry, and made my hands and feet feel like they were swollen. I am on amitripyline, co-codamol, diazempam, for pain, but still there are days which are agony. I tried gabapentin for about 3 years which was ok, but again its pain relief wore off, and i had to keep upper dose until that caused unwanted side effects ie worsening of jerky limb movements.