Lyrica tolerance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LouiseK, Dec 12, 2006.

1. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Hello,

I would love to hear from those of you taking Lyrica as to its effectiveness for chronic fatigue/fibro related pain and also if you have experienced developing a tolerance.

I have only been taking a small dose at night in an effort to adjust to the medication and now, after several weeks, find I don't feel anything when I take it which makes me wonder if people are developing a tolerance and losing the effectiveness of the drug.

Thank you!
  2. kotomme1

kotomme1 New Member

Hello,

I have been taking lyrica for fibro pain. At the very beggining I felt a difference. Then I stopped taking it for a couple of months . When I started taking it again it didn't affect me the same. So through the last 6 months my
    doctors have continually increased my dosages. Now I am taking 300mg a day. For some reason my body gets immune to medications quickly. Maybe it is a tolerance.
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been taking Lyrica for about 8 months now. It helps me with various areas...muscle spasms, IBS, nerve pain, sleeping. I had started with low doses and I am up to 600mg a day.

Through the raising of all my doses I have had good results with Lyrica...I have never had a point where it wasn't helping at all so I am pleased with it so far and do intend to keep taking it.

I don't believe the raising of my dosage was due to tolerance...it was more of finding the right dose for me.