Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I know some things have been written on here about Lyrica, but my doctor just put me on it. Can someone tell me their experiences with it.

I was in and out of sleep all day yesterday. I'm afraid to take it this morning because I don't want to fall asleep while driving to work.

Thank you,
    Tigger
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I think you will find that you will quickly adjust to it and not feel so sleepy or out of it.
  3. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hi Tigger, what dosage are you on?
    I have been taking it for nearly 3 weeks now. At first i was put on 75mg, one in the morning and one at night.
    Unfortunaly my body is only able to tolerate the nightly dose as like you i could'nt keep awake during the day with the morning dose so had to stop taking it.
    The dizzyness and spaced out feeling does settle down after a few day's.
    However we are all different with what our bodies can tolerate re-meds' etc.
    I for one cannot tolerate anything on a high dose.
    I am to to go see my Gp tomorrow as it's doing nothing at all for the pain.
    Will keep you too informed.
    Juliejo.
  4. kibbles22

kibbles22 New Member

My daughter has had Fibro for 2 yrs now and none of the medications has ever worked for her.
    She has just been given LYRICA but has yet to take it.
    I am so leary to start her on a new drug due to the fact she is so petite, 4'10 and only 90lbs.
    Tonight she will start 1 dose of the 75mg and we shall see what happens.
  5. Jeanie101156

Jeanie101156 New Member

The first week is the hardest as far as the sleepiness. I am glad that I started it. I am a new person. I still have some bad days. One of the posters was concerned about wieght and hieght. That has nother to do with it. I think you should let her try it. At least she will feel like having a life again. Jeanie
  6. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I'm on 75mg twice a day.

Tigger