Lyrica?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PITATOO, Mar 9, 2006.

1. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Hi all, hope you are are doing good and pain free. Just left the Dr.'s and he gave me a script for Lyrica. 75mg twice a day. Any good or bad reports on this. My Doc said he has other patients on it that have pretty good results that have fibro. Mine is more complicated I have a herniated disc and sciatica pain. I have been on Clonapin for about 8 years. Is this a similar drug? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Bobby
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I started a thread of lyrica this morning. I was put on it yesterday for nerve pain. I am to take 50mg at bedtime. He said it would also help me sleep so be careful taking yours at first.

My understanding is it is like neurontin. I am just hoping to dodge the side effect of weight gain being on such a low dose.

Good luck!
    Tona
  3. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

I've been on it for about a month or more. It really has helped with the pain. Still have bad days that put me down, but still a great improvement. And yes, I want to eat everything not nailed down, so beware. Keep good low fat snacks on hand that are nutritious. I find pre packaged things work well for me because it keeps me from eating too much. Fruits and vegs also make good snack.
    Hope this helps you.
    H