Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by natrlvr2, Oct 6, 2006.

1. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

At my last appt. my rhuemy gave me Lyrica(for sciatic nerve pain,lately it's bad).And I finally got him to up my Vicodin dose.But he only can do it for 2 months because of my stupid insurance.I have been on 5/500mgs. since 1997.Ya think I need a higher dose by now?LOL.My dose is 7.5/500. I immediately knew it helped.Acoupledays later I got my Lyrica filled.So far,so good.I knwo I will NEVER be pain free but it was really bad all summer.
  2. Linky

Linky New Member

My doc put me on Lyrica a couple months ago, it helped me to sleep just a tiny bit better. Two weeks ago I had to see the Rheumy he upped the miligrams and dosage (75 mil twice day now) I am feeling so much better, with the pain, not the exhaustion. Before he upped the dose of the Lyrica I had been taking 3 Lorcet and one Soma a day and always wished I had more, due to the pain being so bad. Now with the Lyrica I have found that I usually have either 1/2 to 1 pill of my lorcet left daily. So in regards to the pain, Lyrica helped greatly. Now if I could only find something to help with this complete and total exhaustion I feel every day. Guess one thing at a time. By the way I had been taking the Lorcet and soma religiously for the past 5 years.
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

being totally tired is almost as bad as pain.Actually it is worse for em alot of the time as I cannot just go lay down and sleep.I am a single mom.I also have chronic fatigue syndrome.