? Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Oct 25, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Does anyone have any experience with Lyrica? It is used for neuropathy. Thanks.
    Cath
  2. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

I have been using Lyrica for burning feet. It has decreased my pain a lot at night.It took a while for it to get in to my system , but I sure wouldn't want to do without it now. I was having a lot of pain at night with my feet burning on the bottoms. Still happens but not as bad.
  3. tinktink

tinktink New Member

My doctor put me on Lyrica for diabetic neuropathy pain. It is aparantly an anticonvulsant medication used for people who have seizures. It was expensive (I don't have insurance) and it did not work for me. I didn't notice any difference in my pain. Good Luck and Best Wishes Diana
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

So what I am hearing is that it may or may not work. I have to wait for approval from our government to see if they will fund it. So thank you both for your input. I appreciate it.
    Cath
  5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I tried it, but it didn't work for me and it made me dizzy and drunk feeling (without the high).
    Best of luck.
    Mini
  6. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Dear Caffey
    I have fm and cfs. I've been on 75mg twice daily for about a month now. Have not noticed any results but no side affects.Wish I could be of more help. Good luck! Mary
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been on Lyrica for over 6 months now and it is working good for me. I am now on 100mg 3xday. It has helped with my pain some, my sleeping, my IBS and stomach spasms. I have gotten a fair amount of relief from this. I had some side effects at the beginning but they all went away by 2 months of use. I will definitly keep taking this med even though it is expensive.
  8. picasso

picasso New Member

Cath, I tried Lyrica. Helped with the pain. First time I ever got a full nights sleep. But, the side effects were too much for me so I stopped. I'd try it, the results seem so mixed. Titrate up very slowly though.
    Good luck.
    Picasso
  9. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I've been taking it for about 6 months for FM. I had this pins and needles feeling in my arms and legs. Also I had what I called tendon tightness, where it felt like certain tendons were stretched to the limit. Another weird thing, was a crawling sensation under my skin.

Lyrica has helped so much for all of that, plus it helps me sleep better at night. Much better than any sleeping pill and without the hangover feeling the next day.

I did have side effects for the first month. I felt kind of "floaty" and a little drugged and dopey, but that has gone away now.

I am taking 300mg twice a day which I think is the highest dose and I work full time and function normally. If it helps with your pain it worth it to work through the initial side effects. At least it was for me.

Abbycat
  10. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks everyone. It sounds like flip a coin time. The bottom line is if I get funding for it. You have all given me something to think about.
    Cath
  11. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

pfizer has a program for people who cannot afford thier meds, especially for Lyrica. I used this program for the first 5 months I was taking it. So if you don't get funding you might want to try the program through pfizer...you can still do it even if you are on medicaid.
  12. caffey

caffey New Member

I am from Canada so I don't know if they have it. But it will be worthwhile checking it out if they reject me.
    Cath
  13. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

i started on 50mg 3 times a dsy. didnt see much results. worked up to 100mg three times a day. helps me alot fot muscle tightness. Helps a little for pain but mostly the muscle burning and tightness. I think it is different for everyone. I had to give it a month or so before I started to notice a difference. I get dizzy once in awhile. Not sure if it from that or something else but I know it works for me. When I stopped it for a short time, that was when I really knew it was working. Good luck.~hugs~ Mick!!
  14. caffey

caffey New Member

for taking the time to answer.
    Cath