Lyrica ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have been on Lyrica for almost 9mths now and I have noticed that it doesn't seem to do much good anymore, I am on 75 mg twice a day, can you take more, because I was thinking about asking my dr to raise my dose. Any help with this is very apperciated thanks, Pam
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I started at 50mg 3xday and now I am up to 300mg 2xday.
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

I think some of us build up an immunity to some of these meds. I know it happened to me on Effexor and Cymbalta. DR already took me as high a dose as she could and ended up switching me to something else after 9 months or so. My brain is fried so I hope immunity is the right word? I could not tolerate lyrica at all.
  4. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

I've been taking about that much for months and never felt anything but the side effects. Of course if I don't take it I get really sick right away. I think, according to a top Rheum. I asked about it that you have to get up to 350 - 450 per day for results but it might be very hard to tolerate the side effects. Also not all MD's will prescribe that high. My Internist won't but this Rheum. will. Then, too, I have heard several saying it was great for them for a short time and then no more. Perhaps the same thing that helps the body adjust to the side effects makes it adjust to the "wanted" effects.

This whole med thing is a can of worms. Good luck.
  5. TerryS

TerryS Member

I began Lyrica at end of December. They wanted me to take 150 mg per day, but I could only tolerate 50 mg due to the side effects. It worked pretty darn well on the pain, though. I stayed at 50 mg until the pain started escalating, and then had to bump myself up to 100, then 150, and finally now 200 mg per day. Unfortunately, the pain is winning the race!!!

Now, I'm thinking "what's the point of taking this drug with all the side effects if my pain is not under control?" So, I'm thinking of weaning myself off of it.

I also have an autoimmune liver disorder and I'm worried about taking any drugs because of possible liver damage. Wonder if there is a natural product that might help???

By the way, my doc told me initially that 300 mg per day is the standard dose for FM.

TerryS