Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by siamezlady, Dec 12, 2007.

1. siamezlady

siamezlady New Member

Has anyone been put on Lyrica yet and have you been helped by this drug?
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

3. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I started Lyrica about 2 weeks ago. The only problem I have had is a lack of concentration and a little bit of being unbalance, but not enough to bother me. It may make me nauseous, but I was that way before so I'm not sure it's actually the lyrica that is doing it.
    Haven't gained any weight, yet.

It has started to take a little edge off the pain, but if I do anything that requires effort, the pain comes back full force. I am hoping that I just need to give it more time.
  4. poets

poets Member

I've been on Lyrica for a month now. It really does seem to help with the pain somewhat. It also seems to help me sleep, and still controls my Bi-Polar symptoms. (I was on Neurontin for it before.) The only drawbacks I've noticed are a bit of constipation and lightheadedness. Also it seems to have made me a bit "foggier." Still worth taking though.
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been on Lyrica for almost 2 years now. It took 2 months for all the side effects to go away.

I have found that it seems to control my IBS as opposed to causing constipation. It's one of the best benefits I have gotten from it.

It does help with the pain some. Overall it has been a very good med for me and I will keep taking it.
  6. gs61999

gs61999 New Member

I was just diagnosed with Secondary Fibro yesterday (I also have RA) and they started me on the Lyrica. Hopefully this medicine works. I did get a little bit of a "high" feeling about an hour after taking it and sleepy (I still woke in the middle of the night in pain though). But this week I am on an extremely low dose so hopefully that will change when I increase my dose.

I am still reading about Fibro and learning about what it all means. I do understand that not one thing will work for everyone. I will keep all of you in my thoughts with the holidays coming on.
  7. mermaid01

mermaid01 New Member

You said you have been on Lyrica for 2 years yet you mentioned in the last line of your post It does help with the pain some. I thought that we take Lyrica for the pain! This medication is so expensive that if it were helping a little bit is it worth the money? It sounded like you were taking it and liked it for the IBS side effect (which I think is a plus) helping you stop the diarrhea? Just a guess of course.

What side effects did you suffer from?

Thanks in advance for your response.