lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, May 31, 2008.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

is anyone having good or bad results with lyrica? if so would you mind sharing it.
    thanks,
    carol
  2. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I have good results with lyrica. I take 3 a day. I still feel the muscle pain, numbness, and various other problems but they don't hurt as much. I like not having 100% resolution of the pain because I can tell if I have a new problem.

I also take lodine for pain.

Lillie
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Unfortunately, I could not take it because of the side effects.

There are a lot of side effects to Lyricaa but you might want to do a search on Lyrica by title or content.

It appears that the people who can tolerate Lyrica, have had a lot of success.

Good luck, GA
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi Carol...i also have had success with Lyrica. I did have the more common side effects, ie: dizziness, some swelling in my hands and feet...sort of a loopy feeling (my husband would tell you I am always loopy:)). But, the side effect subside and the pain relief while not earth shattering does help. As we all know some relief is better than no relief! I would recommend anyone who can to at least try it out. If it doesn't work or the side effects are to bothersome or more serious for some, well then at least you know. Goodness knows all these medications are out there and what works for some is not the answer for others. Nothing about this DD is predictable:)

Deb

5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

been on it over 2 years and it has been working well.
  6. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

It works well for my sciatic pain,nothing else.
  7. exhaustedelegy

exhaustedelegy New Member

I've been taking Lyrica since November. I started working up to 150mgs. twice daily. I was incredibly dizzy but was hugely impacted in a great way immediately. I felt very loopy, too. The exhaustion and pain diminished so apparently that I had even casual acquaintences stop me to tell me how great I looked! (Makes me wonder how truly dreadful I looked before!)

Seriously...I felt as if it was a miracle. I could have been the poster child for Lyrica.

By January my pain began to increase so my doc increased the dosage to 200mgs. twice a day. I began gaining weight like crazy, had horrible constipation and was extremely dizzy...so I backed off.

I continued to gain weight (never a problem before.) I got up to where I was when I gave birth to my son. I have tried a drastic diet...the weight doesn't budge.

I'm down to 100mgs twice a day. My fatigue and pain has increased. weight at least hasn't gone up more...dizziness still present...constipation really subsided. I'm grateful I can at least do water exercise.

I think it's worth TRYING for anyone who has fibro. My elation is a bit deflated yet I think it could be an answer for the right person!

~Exhausted Elegy
  8. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

There was a Lyrica thread asking if it worked or not. There were several pages of replies. It seems that it was about 50% one way or the other.

You can search for Lyrica and it should come up.