Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynn3811, Aug 7, 2010.

1. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

I take 150mg of Lyrica a night for pain. But during the day, by 2:00 P.M. I am useless. I have just been diagnosed with degenerative osteo arthrithis. Does any one take the Lyrica during the day? And does it seem to help?

Thanks for any responses, Lynn
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I was only able to take it for a few days. It made me a complete, dizzy zombie!

Try searching the board for previous posts on Lyrica, I know some folks have had success w it. Good Luck......Hermit
  3. petemora

petemora Member

I take 75 mg. in the morning, 75 mg. at noon and 150 mg at bedtime (around 4 p.m.). My doctor also added Cymbalta a couple of years ago. I take 30 mg. in the morning. Has really made a difference!

The pain is still there but I can cope!

Good luck!
  4. Sunrise2780

Sunrise2780 New Member

Hi Lynn,

I've been taking it since approx the end of 2008. until present. Recently I ran out (not on purpose), but decided not to get my rx refilled to see if it was really helping.

I had some "strange" experiences which I contributed to withdrawal. 1 of them was itchiness which seemed to "attack" me. There also seemed to be an increase of pain (despite taking Vicodin which does help me), and fatigue. I just didn't feel right.

I'm back on it for approx 2 wks & YES there's a difference! BTW, I never experienced any weight gain. No more "itch attacks", pain level is down & I just feel better.

Lyrica DOES work 4 me & I will never consider going off it again.

My dosage: Supposed to take 150mg 3x's daily. However, I've been taking 300 mg when I get up (along w/whatever else I'm taking).

But I've never been able to get myself scheduled to take the 3rd pill later on. I wld like to now put more effort into doing at least 2x's daily.

I don't have to take any other meds more than 1x, so I just have to figure out how to get myself into that "regiment" of 2x's (still eliminating 3x's daily).

I hope this helps.

5. ditd

ditd New Member

I take 300 mgs. a day. 150 in daytime and 150 in evening. I try to keep them about 12 hours apart. I felt very tired and sleepy at first but things has started to pick up and I'm starting to get some energy. It is definently helping the pain. I am concerned that my Dr. will up it to 450 a day which is what is recommended in the lititure that comes with it. Don't know if I can do that but I quit my cymbalta 2 weeks a go because it didn't seem to be helping anymore. I may try Savella next time I go to Dr. The thing I hate the most about the Lyrica is the 50# weight gain. I am going to talk this over with my Dr. and maybe adjust my meds to something else.

also Lynn
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2010]
  6. dleh

dleh New Member

I've been on Lyrica now for 5 years. Recently increased my dosage to 100 X2 a day. I was on Cymboltia but had to get off. It made my pain X10 worse and fatigue was terrible. I've also gained weight 25lbs. Salvia was mentioned but after the Cymbotia I don't think so. I've noticed that my retention and concentration is not good which is very frustrating. I don't know how much of that is because of the Lyrica. Also blurry vision...

7. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I was taking Lyrica and the doctor increased my dose back in January. I had trouble putting my sentences together and my memory was awful. My employer noticed my difficulties and laid me off for a month until I was able to wean myself off of the medicine. It helped for pain to a certain degree but it wasn't worth the awful side effects. Savella helped with the pain but made me very sick. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months because I couldn't eat and when I did, I got sick. It's a very harsh medication. Right now I just take a few pain meds to assist me through my days...and sometimes THAT doesn't feel like enough! Take care!

Good luck!!
  8. tigerlily0677

tigerlily0677 New Member

Lyrica was a miracle drug from the minute I started it. I take 300mg in the morning and 300mg at night. However, it lost it's effectiveness after 6 months. Now I'm stuck with pain and I'm at the highest dose of it that I can take. Now I'm out of options, as my gp said. so I requested a rheumatologist, I should have done that a long time ago.

Oh, Lyrica didn't give me any side effects but I did develop a slight twitch which may or may not have to do with Lyrica.

I hope this helps, good luck!
  9. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

I tried Lyrica. It worked GREAT! until 4 days in, on only 75 mg 3xs a day my legs gave out on me. I thought it was a fluke until the next day, I had the same experience when I was walking. I also tried Cymbalta, but it made the pain worse.