M.E = POST VIRAL FATIGUE SYNDROME

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Sep 27, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

In the U.K M.E or myalgic encephalomilitis (spelling?) to give it the full name. is just another term for post viral fatigue syndrome.I believe personally that M.E and F.M.S may be the same thing, but from a scientific view point, they are recognised as being different entities, but then as science has no sound way of diagnosing or identifying these conditions, I think the jury has to be out on this one.
  2. sean

sean New Member

In the U.K M.E or myalgic encephalomilitis (spelling?) to give it the full name. is just another term for post viral fatigue syndrome.I believe personally that M.E and F.M.S may be the same thing, but from a scientific view point, they are recognised as being different entities, but then as science has no sound way of diagnosing or identifying these conditions, I think the jury has to be out on this one.
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

first of all a belated welcome.

I did find some interesting info on ME & a group that's trying to get a different classification on yahoo. Sorry I can't remember exactly what the title was, but I'm sure if your interested in finding more info, do a search there & you should find it. They had a petition going to change the name or at least classify themselves as having a more serious form of what we call cfids...little fuzzy at the moment here, lol, but it was something like that.

Take care. Michele
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I apologize if I am wrong. From some of the things I have read here, I assumed that ME referred to FMS. I had read somewhere that ME was another abandoned name for FMS. I shouldn't believe everything I read :) Thanks for the info.

Love, Mikie
  5. sean

sean New Member

We may both be sort of right, but what I know for sure is that in the U.K, M.E and post viral fatigue are the same thing, and as far as I'm aware, at least in the U.K, FMS is not the same, but I could not swear to it. I will check it out properly to make sure. I don't wan't to mis-inform anyone.