Maca Root is wonderful!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shell, Aug 6, 2003.

1. shell

shell New Member

So far it is the ONLY thing that I have noticed giving me UMPH and GO and even making me goofy hyper for a few minutes... before this I was sleeping while awake!! I went without it for a few days while I was out of town and man did I pay!! I got back took one and within three hours I had this new found energy - my boyfriend asked me what was wrong with me I was dancing around the living room! I am sticking with it - I hope my body doesn't become resistent!! Got the idea to try it before actual thyroid meds from this site. so THANK U !! It did take a week or two before initial reaction, but now I am so grateful to have it - it is #1 in my cabinet right now!!
  2. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

Shell,
    I agree with you. I have been taking it for peri-menopausal symptoms for quite a while.It is the only thing that works for me.I tried natural progesterone cream several times and it didn't work for me.I have to readjust my dosage once in a while, but it still works.
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

but few had tried it..

Retrogirl,

Does it work for hot flashes associated with Perimenopause?
    or what symptoms are helped?

Shell,

Are you saying that you have long lasting energy from this?

Thanks for your replies,
    Plantscaper
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Glad to see a post from you! How did your Dr. Brewer visit go? I'd love to hear more about this Maca root---how did you find out about it & what is it used for primarily? Where do you get it? Would love to know more about it.

Glad you are feeling more energetic!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. shell

shell New Member

Yea long lasting for me is lasting throughout the day. I take one a day, not sure of milligram, but yes helps most of day. Of course I have my moments but before I was tired 99 percent of day, now maybe 30.. mostly late night.

Pam - I havn't been back to Dr. Brewer for a while... was scared to take the allergy shots until I feel better (don't want to rock the boat)... but sometime when I am 90 percent well I am going back for the shots. The maca root is at both of the health food stores, the one on Metcalf in OP also. I did find some - by really searching - at the RSO (recovery sales outlet) on Noland Rd and 35th St. in Independence. They have herbs and vitamins there for about 1/4 to 1/3 cost. But check the expiration dates!!